Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NWRebel

Chaminade Vs UNLV

50 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Dear everyone,

Turn on the Kansas/UCLA game right now and watch how a really good team plays against UCLA.  They do things a lot differently than we do.  Look how crisp their passes are.  They play like they are very confident in what they want to do.  No confusion or hesitation. 

Well that's not a surprise at all. I think everyone knew, and even I posted during last nights game that whoever faces Kansas will get boat raced. It's early in the season, a disappointing couple games in the first two Maui games but this team needs to gel and get settled by finding their roles on the team. There were too many jacked shots and not enough passing.

It'll be interesting to see how UNLV handles an Indiana team that's getting pounded on ESPNs airwaves for being massively overrated. Hope we can match their intensity from the start because unlv can't sleepwalk through the first half against these guys. 

55 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

The same Archie Miller who couldn't beat Dave Rice for Christian Vital?  He's just another guy who can't recruit.  Ceiling.  Quit wasting my time with lousy names.

For the 1 millionth time Rice can win all the recruiting wars he wants, he will ultimately be judged on what he does with those recruits and so far it isn't a whole lot. Lon Kruger brought in a freaking 27 year old air conditioner repairman and still won a game in the NCAA Tournament setting a record for fewest 1st half points allowed in the process. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

The same Archie Miller who couldn't beat Dave Rice for Christian Vital?  He's just another guy who can't recruit.  Ceiling.  Quit wasting my time with lousy names.

You never seize to amaze me with the stupid shit you say...lmao

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 hours ago, HoosierRebel said:

You will literally say anything to defend Rice, won't you?

What's really funny is how quick he is to say what a great recruiter Rice is yet in other threads say certain guys he's recruited are overrated. So then by the logic he is using we should be happy that Rice is a mediocre recruiter who's happened to land a few big time talents like Vaughn, Bennett and Zimmerman (and I'll throw Savon Goodman in there as well as the kid is a straight up player unfortunately for someone else) 

8 hours ago, Willden4UNLV said:

That's a silly argument. First off, Dave Rice is recruiting from UNLV and Archie Miller is recruiting from Dayton. There is no comparison there. Second, I don't think anyone doubts Dave Rice's ability to recruit. And third, Dave Rice has beaten out Calipari, Self, and Sean Miller out for recruits. That doesn't make him superior as a coach.

Mississippi State is located in Starkville, MS, and Ben Howland has a top five recruiting class for 2016.  It's a worse location than Dayton.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

That's a fact.  Can Archie Miller win a championship with his lousy recruiting?

Dave Rice can't win a championship with his great recruiting. I'm fairly sure the road to a championship goes through at least 1 team that plays a zone defense, which automatically disqualified Rice.

10 hours ago, ph90702 said:

The same Archie Miller who wins basketball games And ones in the month of March. .

Guys who can't recruit I can tolerate if they coach.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

32 minutes ago, Yellow Evan said:

The same Archie Miller who wins basketball games And ones in the month of March. .

Guys who can't recruit I can tolerate if they coach.

So what?  How many championships has he won?  If you can't recruit despite winning games, that says a lot to me (in a bad way).  Dave Rice has a better chance of winning a championship because he has better players.

36 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

Dave Rice can't win a championship with his great recruiting. I'm fairly sure the road to a championship goes through at least 1 team that plays a zone defense, which automatically disqualified Rice.

If you can't recruit, then you're wasting your time.

Just now, ph90702 said:

So what?  How many championships has he won?  If you can't recruit despite winning games, that says a lot to me (in a bad way).  Dave Rice has a better chance of winning a championship because he has better players.

Wrong again..... Archie Miller has taken a team located in Dayton , Ohio to an Elite 8. Dave Rice has taken UNLV to what exactly? Yes you need good players to win but Miller wins despite not having good players. That says a lot to me about who the better coach is. If Miller walked into the T&M on Monday UNLV is instantly a contender to win at least 2 games in the NCAA Tournament. Dave Rice just lost to a team that got beat by Monmouth on their own floor. 

Just now, ph90702 said:

If recruiting isn't that important, then why has Coach K started copying the Kentucky model?  He never used to recruit one and done players.

Recruiting is important, but it isn't the only thing. Coach K despite being a cheater is also a pretty dam good basketball coach. It's pretty ridiculous you'd even bother bringing up K when talking about Rice. 

19 minutes ago, just_chris said:

Wrong again..... Archie Miller has taken a team located in Dayton , Ohio to an Elite 8. Dave Rice has taken UNLV to what exactly? Yes you need good players to win but Miller wins despite not having good players. That says a lot to me about who the better coach is. If Miller walked into the T&M on Monday UNLV is instantly a contender to win at least 2 games in the NCAA Tournament. Dave Rice just lost to a team that got beat by Monmouth on their own floor. 

You're wrong.  He must be an asshole if he can't get good players.  Where your school is or what conference you're in is not an excuse in college basketball.

18 minutes ago, just_chris said:

Recruiting is important, but it isn't the only thing. Coach K despite being a cheater is also a pretty dam good basketball coach. It's pretty ridiculous you'd even bother bringing up K when talking about Rice. 

Where is he cheating?  Also, it's easy to make accusations behind a keyboard.