Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Division Championship Scenarios

West:

SDSU - Wins west if they beat either UNLV or Nevada or Nevada loses to Utah State

Nevada - Wins west if they beat Utah State and SDSU & UNLV beats SDSU 

Everybody else is eliminated 

Mountain:

Air Force/New Mexico: Win out and they win.  

If neither win out, how do the scenarios play out?  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Air Force vs SUDS in the championship game. And I'll be rooting for the Falcons because some of their players will go on to flight school and fly bad ass jets like these.

thunderbrids-tailt_1916072i.jpg

I am really rooting for Boise State to win out and New Mexico to drop a game.  Not because I am anti-New Mexico, but because I would love to see the reactions when a San Diego State team that is undefeated in conference has to travel to Boise State to play the Conference Championship Game against a 2 conference loss Boise State team because the Broncos are getting more national top 25 votes.

Guest Dr. Dre
11 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

I am really rooting for Boise State to win out and New Mexico to drop a game.  Not because I am anti-New Mexico, but because I would love to see the reactions when a San Diego State team that is undefeated in conference has to travel to Boise State to play the Conference Championship Game against a 2 conference loss Boise State team because the Broncos are getting more national top 25 votes.

more evidence of the Mickey Mouse Conference

2 hours ago, masterfrog said:

Not that I am down on my Lobos...but I think this is a likely scenario.

3 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

more evidence of the Mickey Mouse Conference

Actually that would be more evidence of Boise (perhaps unfairly) getting the benefit of the doubt nationally and SDSU's relative anonymity (and the rest of ours too) on a national level.  The conference doesn't control the national standing of the two division winners...if it were simply best conference/divisional record, then we'd all bitc.h about divisional strength, etc. 

8 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

Really? I'm not confident Boise can beat Air Force, much less SJSU. I think he NM/AF game will be a toss up, though.

I think you can beat San Jose.  But I don't think you'll beat Air Force.  However, history says Boise rarely has back to back bad games so who knows.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, masterfrog said:

yep, that'll be interesting and controversial. The fan base in San Diego would be pissed. But there's a good side to that...maybe OOC games will be taken more seriously especially in preparation. A starting QB wasn't chosen until late. Some key players, under suspension . The loss to Southern Alabama was a bad loss. SDSU has no one to blame except themselves.

Guest Dr. Dre
16 minutes ago, av-rated said:

Actually that would be more evidence of Boise (perhaps unfairly) getting the benefit of the doubt nationally and SDSU's relative anonymity (and the rest of ours too) on a national level.  The conference doesn't control the national standing of the two division winners...if it were simply best conference/divisional record, then we'd all bitc.h about divisional strength, etc. 

should be a neutral site. like every other conference.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

should be a neutral site. like every other conference.

Attendance to those are bad enough with a week notice to sell tickets. They'd be playing that game in front of an empty stadium if you do a neutral site game.

Just now, Dimwhit said:

Attendance to those are bad enough with a week notice to sell tickets. They'd be playing that game in front of an empty stadium if you do a neutral site game.

How would that be different than a championship game at San Diego State?

Guest Dr. Dre
39 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

You hold it in Vegas. Tickets will sell

Guest Dr. Dre
40 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

How would that be different than a championship game at San Diego State?

Or Ft. Worth? We're stuck in the MWC. What's your excuse?

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I think you can beat San Jose.  But I don't think you'll beat Air Force.  However, history says Boise rarely has back to back bad games so who knows.

I concur with your deposition, Counselor.