Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Harsin to Texas rumors are starting to swirl.

Does he need a special teams coordinator?  I know a really good one!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Hell, if I were a Texas fans and after he was their OC for 2 years and they are now seeing how well he is doing at Boise State, I'd probably want him to come too if they fire Charlie Strong.

However, I doubt he'd leave BSU. Especially since he just got there. He has said for years that he dream job was to be the BSU head coach. If for some reason he did take the job. I'd hope like hell that they would hire Mike Sanford Jr as the new head coach. I think he'd do an awesome job.

Hell, if I were a Texas fans and after he was their OC for 2 years and they are now seeing how well he is doing at Boise State, I'd probably want him to come too if they fire Charlie Strong.

However, I doubt he'd leave BSU. Especially since he just got there. He has said for years that he dream job was to be the BSU head coach. If for some reason he did take the job. I'd hope like hell that they would hire Mike Sanford Jr as the new head coach. I think he'd do an awesome job.

I doubt Sanford would leave Notre Dame, he would really have to hate it 

there (which is possible with the dickhead they have as a coach)

There's no way in hell this is Harsin's last job, he'll leave.

If Texas offered he would leave. That might be the best job in the country. That said, I don't think they will. 

I doubt Sanford would leave Notre Dame, he would really have to hate it 

there (which is possible with the dickhead they have as a coach)

There's no way in hell this is Harsin's last job, he'll leave.

He'd leave for a head coaching job at Boise State in a minute if you ask me. Guys like him don't turn down jobs like that. Most new head coaches out there have to work their way up at less prestigious programs. Look at Jim McElwain, Urban Meyer, Harsin. The some of the biggest names at OC or DC are head coaches at a place like Colorado State or Arkansas State before they get a major gig at a new place. No way he'd turn the BSU job down, unless he was promised the Notre Dame job like Jimbo Fisher was at FSU.

If Texas offered he would leave. That might be the best job in the country. That said, I don't think they will. 

While it's only my opinion, there are a large number of jobs that Harsin could pursue and possibly get with similar (not as high as, but similar) pay that would be much less of a headache than the current gig at Texas

He would be an idiot not to take that job

So, if he had a choice between USC, Oregon, Georgia or Texas, would you still say that he'd take the Texas job?  Just curious...

I just think for a young, successful coach that Texas might be one of the worst jobs to take at this point in time!