Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hugh Jiddump

OT: MWC school towns dining and entertainment options

Some have kindly complemented my trolling in this thread, which is very flattering. I really enjoy a good troll job whether I'm involved in it or not. But that was maybe ten percent of my motivation behind the thread. The other 90% were full of sincere intentions. In addition, there was a prolonged exchange in the thread a while back that fulfilled all of the threads potential for trolling AFAIC.  

Along the way, I was at the Nevada-SJS game watching Brian Polian lose his shlt from the moment the team stepped on the field until he had to be ran off the field post game. It made me think to myself "When has this dude NOT been on the verge of shltting himself he was so pissed?" The answer was 'Never' As far as I could tell. A constant tantrum state, the anti-Caragher!

Sucks for @mugtang  @thelawlorfaithful @renoskier @DestinFlPackfan  @fbpack and the rest of the Nevada fans. But it is good internet, and great mwcboard!

like the rest of the thread, this is a work in progress. No lists are complete. If your school hasn't been paid tribute to, don't worry. It's in the works

#ThanksCBP #FareTheeWell #OpenWide

Hot Dog on a Stick in Oakridge Mall. San José

Corny Dog = B+, Mozzarella Stick = B, Lime flavored Lemonade = A. Corny Dog and Mozzarella would have gotten higher grade but they were piping hot. Took like 15 mins to cool down enough

Vje6XkU.jpg

Dog with everything at Levi Stadium = B
8VOSdPf.jpg

Nikki Bella and Carmela fighting over my Footlong = A

uGXJ5Dg.jpg

Der Wienerschnitzel in Gilroy
Junkyard Dog, Pickle Dog with everything = A

ocCmolG.jpg

Kasper's in Castro Valley
Jumbo Dog = A+, Pickle Dog and Orange Fizz drink = A

Pgfdtut.jpg

Mojo Burger in Willow Glen
Hot Dog with everything = B +, Double Mojo Burger = A
nMnS7dF.jpg

Der Wienerschnitzel on Branham in San José
Chili Dogs = A, Fries = B, I forget what drink was. But since DW is only PepsiCo, it most likely sucked
dXWdlX9.jpg

Gott's Roadside at Town and Country in Palo Alto in the same mall as CardinalTrojan's favorite place to eat, and right across the street from his old stomping grounds at Furdistan.
For me, Gott's has always been about the burgers. But this hot dog was effing gourmet Americana. Grade = A++++++++++, as was the burger, which shd go without saying. Every other "gourmet" burger hack is ripping ppl off
PfNzHqZ.jpg

Burger Barn in Santa Clara
Cheese Dog with everything = A minus, Chili Cheeseburger with onions = A

LQFudmI.jpg

Happy Hound in Los Gatos
Polish Hound = A+, Hot Dog with everything = A

mQFCEMM.jpg

and Mexihound = B, Corny Dog = B+

7BXR8qT.jpg

Giant Burger in Hayward
Hot Dog with everything = A minus, Double cheeseburger with grilled onions = A+

AZXk4kV.jpg

NYPD in North San José
This place is right by a Chinese restaurant called Wong Kok. Which is very appropriate, since I felt like I just got schlonged after paying $16 for this slop. I should drag these bastards up to Gotts so they can beat the crap outta them for disgracing their profession Grade = F fvcking MINUS!!!
h6rg2Oa.jpg

Mooyah Burger in Morgan Hill
Full Count Dog = A, Mooyah Burger served Mooyah style = A
KMp0PeJ.jpg

12667677.jpeg

On 1/23/2017 at 2:02 AM, CockyUNLVPoster said:

Steak 'n Shake opening tomorrow (1/24/17) on UNLV Campus.  https://www.unlv.edu/news/article/why-steak-n-shake-big-deal

I've never been to one.  

We have 1 in Reno.  they have a decent Portobello burger. That's all I order there. When first opened in 2013 there was a line of cars 2 blocks long for the first 2 months. The Midwestern transplants in the area  all had to go visit.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

2 hours ago, maynardsoldsailorbuddy said:

Hey maynard tell everbody about how goood the tubesteak was at the white swwallow up in frisco! You bout blew a tire that one time 

#StraightUpMaynardsAplus

Why u gotta use the CG logo on a sock?

On January 23, 2017 at 10:01 AM, RogueStout said:

Did, did you just say "burger culture"? 

This week I went to the equivalents of Merle Haggard live at the Grand Ole Opry, the Metropolitan Opera House, and the Shakesperian Festival in Medford. No need for grades on any of these.

Happy Hound in Los Gatos: 

Polish Hound with grilled onions, Happy Burger with everything and A1

F8eE43N.jpg

Sam's Super Burgers in San Leandro
Super Double Cheeseburger with everything and grilled onions, deep fried taco, pineapple shake
ZACE7rK.jpg

Val's in Castro Valley
Papa Burger, the drippings disintegrated the bun. Onion rings with ranch sauce, the breading was better than any fried chicken you'd ever find. Strawberry Shake, puts the "Shake" in Shakesperian festival. #VALedictorian

b6aGI5X.jpg

12667677.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hugh Jiddump said:

This week I went to the equivalents of Merle Haggard live at the Grand Ole Opry, the Metropolitan Opera House, and the Shakesperian Festival in Medford. No need for grades on any of these.

Happy Hound in Los Gatos: 

Polish Hound with grilled onions, Happy Burger with everything and A1

F8eE43N.jpg

Sam's Super Burgers in San Leandro
Super Double Cheeseburger with everything and grilled onions, deep fried taco, pineapple shake
ZACE7rK.jpg

Val's in Castro Valley
Papa Burger, the drippings disintegrated the bun. Onion rings with ranch sauce, the breading was better than any fried chicken you'd ever find. Strawberry Shake, puts the "Shake" in Shakesperian festival. #VALedictorian

b6aGI5X.jpg

I can actually hear you getting fatter....

6366c5064bed7612460745946ca1fb39ebc4b25f

On February 12, 2017 at 10:57 AM, RogueStout said:

I used to go to happy hound when I was a kid.

Your dad must have let you tag along on his long hauls down to....Santa Cruz? West Valley? #GoodMemories

If you or your dad still make that haul from Boisé then there is a Fatburger on Vasco Rd. Off of 580 on the Livermore side of Altamont Pass. 

Large with the works, Chili Cheese Fat Fries and Chocnana shake = A+

uJThob8.jpg

Mooyah Burger in Morgan Hill
Sloppy "Woah" = B minus, Texas Chili Fries = A minus
Gr1Xmsv.jpg

Del Taco in Newark, Ca. (Hometown of new WWE Women's Champion, Bayley)

Two Jumbo Shrimp Tacos = A, Carne Asada Fries (Not pictured) = A minus, Epic steak n potato burrito = C+
hXd5NhZ.jpg

12667677.jpeg

Roscoe's Chicken 'n Waffles in Anaheim. All waffles and fried chicken = A+, unless otherwise noted.

Scoe's Southern Style with Breast and leg, Sunrise (Fruit Punch and Lemonade = A

HVgFUKk.jpg

Scoe's Southern Style with breast and leg Sunrise and side of grits. Leg = B, Grits = B, a bit to watery.
Ep5YjWa.jpg

Natalie's with sides of chicken sausage = A minus and Cornbread = B+, not quite gritty enough for my taste. It's "Cornbread" not "Corncake"

WL3YfTf.jpg

Jeanne Jones, Omelette = A+, chicken chili (Not pictured) = A+ as well.

dUQB7S4.jpg

#23 ( phone was dead so no pic), Red Beans n Rice = B, the juice in RBR should be thickened to a paste like texture, but this was kinda runny so = B. Cornbread and waffles came with it as well.

12667677.jpeg

2 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I've got to plead ignorance on the whole chicken and waffles thing.

What is so great about that combination? 

I don't get it either. Honestly it sounds disgusting to me. Why would you ever want maple syrup on plate with fried chicken?

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

I've got to plead ignorance on the whole chicken and waffles thing.

What is so great about that combination? 

1 hour ago, rudolro said:

I don't get it either. Honestly it sounds disgusting to me. Why would you ever want maple syrup on plate with fried chicken?

It's the whole savory (salty) and sweet (syrup) thing.  If you like the whole sweet and salty combo, it's really good.  

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

It's the whole savory (salty) and sweet (syrup) thing.  If you like the whole sweet and salty combo, it's really good.  

I'll have to take your word on it.  I'll just wait for BWW to make some awful maple wing sauce to try it.

41 minutes ago, rudolro said:

I'll have to take your word on it.  I'll just wait for BWW to make some awful maple wing sauce to try it.

Popeye's has that sauce right now.  They have chicken strips with a waffle type badder and a sweet mustard dipping sauce.

51f84fc1e4eff.image.jpg

2 hours ago, Cincy said:

I mean, I'd give it a shot I guess if it was real maple syrup, but I just understand where this came from.

There was a movie called Black Dynamite (awesome movie) and one of the characters had the idea of having a restaurant that only served chicken/waffles (I think that was the plot). Is that where this came from? 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 hours ago, Cincy said:

It's true. At first glance it isn't appealing, but it some how works. The Chicken is usually lightly seasoned, so it isn't overpowering. 

straw-7.jpg

This place does it right in SF. www.strawsf.com 

spartan-hands.gif

On February 27, 2017 at 3:22 PM, RogueStout said:

I mean, I'd give it a shot I guess if it was real maple syrup, but I just understand where this came from.

There was a movie called Black Dynamite (awesome movie) and one of the characters had the idea of having a restaurant that only served chicken/waffles (I think that was the plot). Is that where this came from? 

Roscoe's def'ly wouldn't be a one size fits all recommendation. I grew up in Oakland for instance, so fried chicken and soul food are mothers milk to me, but ppl flesh less "urban" areas, maybe not as much.

Not to mention that part of Orange County wouldn't be renowned for being "Big Rig Friendly". Finding a spot to park my F-150 is hard enough, so forget your or @tailingpermit's, @halfmanhalfbronco  or any other BSU grad's Peterbilt/Mack.

But don't worry I got you guys. There's a Love's right at exit 407 off Interstate 5 in the town of Gustine. The drivers in there seemed like the didn't have to wait at all for the shower call, and there is a Del taco, Wendy's, In n Out and Carl's Jr. All with in a couple minute walk. But I suggest you go to Pea Soup Andersen's and have a bowl of their famous split pea soup, then the chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes.

i wanted to try something new so I went the patty melt and fries grade = B

WGTxv3Y.jpg

t2VgSaY.jpg

I've been meaning to ask if this is any of you Bronco fans driving the Low Boy that delivers HE to my job site, but it never works out. One thing is for sure, you guys will never have to worry about replaced by self driving trucks #TooMuchSkill

C2BYz18.jpg

If that is anyone reading the thread, I recommend either Super Duper Burger at the food court inside Valley Fair, or the Burger Barn right behind the mall. I can not give my stamp of approval to The Counter in Santana Row. I want to like it. But it's too expensive and takes way too long to get a serving that is too small. Grade = C
fOCRYnP.jpg

12667677.jpeg