Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

OT: zoob revenge - UCLA's Myles Jack blew out his knee yesterday

You don't go low on the QB.  It's been a rule forever.

he did go low and was penalized, had he been able to keep his balance he would have hit Chuckie above the waist.

if you watched the play, you'd realize it wasn't intentional, which is why USU fans aren't bitching about it.

the only ones griping about it are BYU Fans.

he did go low and was penalized, had he been able to keep his balance he would have hit Chuckie above the waist.

if you watched the play, you'd realize it wasn't intentional, which is why USU fans aren't bitching about it.

the only ones griping about it are BYU Fans.

I saw it.  It wasn't intentional.  I think he could have not hit him as well though.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

the only ones griping about it are BYU Fans.script>

And yet BYU was held responsible by Aggies for an injury to Chuckeee with NO contact and (obviously) NO flag by BYU. Just typical hypocrisy, but nice of you to defend them. 

Btw, are you proud of Kryle's calling a screen pass with 15 seconds left in Yewtah's game with CSUF to let Yewtah go over the spread? Classy! 

And yet BYU was held responsible by Aggies for an injury to Chuckeee with NO contact and (obviously) NO flag by BYU. Just typical hypocrisy, but nice of you to defend them. 

Btw, are you proud of Kryle's calling a screen pass with 15 seconds left in Yewtah's game with CSUF to let Yewtah go over the spread? Classy! 

once again the only people outraged are byu folk

I have deliberately misspelled Chuckeee's name on this board FOREVER. But I am not making fun of him (but an adult with this name has to expect some teasing!).

I am making fun of Aggie fans who screamed all over the interwebs when Chuckee was injured last year by dirty BYU (even though Chuckee was UNTOUCHED by any BYU player).

And this year he gets late hit by a Yewt aiming for his knee (which was FLAGGED!) and we hear what? Crickets.   

I understand your point about the name, and there will always be fans who want to believe their star player was injured by some sort of malfeasance.  Aren't you one of the ones who is absolutely positive Taysom was purposely injured by Brian Suite?  I'm pretty sure that people in both camps are blood-related and have these giant family fights over Thanksgiving and it spreads over the internet and becomes a groupthink for both fan bases.  Fact of the matter is, when you're playing at high speeds, you don't have time to think about making a dirty hit.  I've played division 1 football, and it's scary fast.  Go back and look at dirty hits, you'll see the guy usually has time to think about it and even has time to check if he's being observed.  Then he does it.  Punching someone in the groin or the back of the head after the game aren't dirty plays.  Those are the hallmarks of bad people.  If you act like that in front of millions of people, how do you act in private when no one is watching?  As far as the Utah hit on Chuckie, that hit was by Fanaika, who has proven to be the world's biggest flake ever.  Committed to BYU, went on a mission for less than a month, came back and played for USU, quit, now plays at Utah.  I wouldn't put it past him to have purposely went low.  Kyle Whittingham is well-known for being a win-at-all-costs guy, and he'll run up the score if he can.  Players know exactly what their coach will overlook.  It once again goes back to how you are willing to act in front of millions. So far, I can honestly say that out of the three coaches, the only one with 100% integrity lives in Logan.  My job allows me to see A TON of what goes on behind the scenes.  Wells will quit coaching before he allows players who commit assault back on the field just to win a game.

I understand your point about the name, and there will always be fans who want to believe their star player was injured by some sort of malfeasance.  Aren't you one of the ones who is absolutely positive Taysom was purposely injured by Brian Suite?  I'm pretty sure that people in both camps are blood-related and have these giant family fights over Thanksgiving and it spreads over the internet and becomes a groupthink for both fan bases.  Fact of the matter is, when you're playing at high speeds, you don't have time to think about making a dirty hit.  I've played division 1 football, and it's scary fast.  Go back and look at dirty hits, you'll see the guy usually has time to think about it and even has time to check if he's being observed.  Then he does it.  Punching someone in the groin or the back of the head after the game aren't dirty plays.  Those are the hallmarks of bad people.  If you act like that in front of millions of people, how do you act in private when no one is watching?  As far as the Utah hit on Chuckie, that hit was by Fanaika, who has proven to be the world's biggest flake ever.  Committed to BYU, went on a mission for less than a month, came back and played for USU, quit, now plays at Utah.  I wouldn't put it past him to have purposely went low.  Kyle Whittingham is well-known for being a win-at-all-costs guy, and he'll run up the score if he can.  Players know exactly what their coach will overlook.  It once again goes back to how you are willing to act in front of millions. So far, I can honestly say that out of the three coaches, the only one with 100% integrity lives in Logan.  My job allows me to see A TON of what goes on behind the scenes.  Wells will quit coaching before he allows players who commit assault back on the field just to win a game.

I actually think the hit was by Sunia Tauteoli, a former USU signee. 

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2949517-155/utah-state-football-chuckie-keeton-looking

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

I actually think the hit was by Sunia Tauteoli, a former USU signee. 

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2949517-155/utah-state-football-chuckie-keeton-looking

It was, but now you've exposed my false narrative.  I'm trying to drag Utah into the subject more fully so it looks like the State of Utah trifecta of everyone taking out the other's QB.  There has to be malfeasance of some sort and Tauteoli doesn't fit the insidious drifter meme in my narrative like Fanaika does.  Tauteoli will get his when Utah gets rolled by the rest of the PAC-12.

I honestly can't think of a single place I have ever read or seen the above claimed or even insinuated - even on the homer USU board. Is it just something you made up to fit your narrative? I honestly have never heard a single Aggie fan ever say Keeton's initial knee injury had anything to do with BYU or a BYU player. The Coogs simply happened to be the other team that was on the field at the time the freak accident occurred. It could have happened in practice just as easily.

Conversely, we heard nothing but how the Aggies (specifically Suite) were cheap shot artists after Hill went down both times against USU.

I honestly can't think of a single place I have ever read or seen the above claimed or even insinuated - even on the homer USU board. Is it just something you made up to fit your narrative? I honestly have never heard a single Aggie fan ever say Keeton's initial knee injury had anything to do with BYU or a BYU player. The Coogs simply happened to be the other team that was on the field at the time the freak accident occurred. It could have happened in practice just as easily.

Conversely, we heard nothing but how the Aggies (specifically Suite) were cheap shot artists after Hill went down both times against USU.

We didn't think it was a dirty play that took out CK.  What was dirty was Manamaleuna celebrating on the sidelines, realizing he was being watched, and quickly kneeling with the rest of the players.