Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

How are you doing compared to the rest?

American welfare bums rank in the top 1% of income worldwide, just like everybody else who rakes in more than 30k/year

shame on you all entitled, mean spirited one per centers

Somebody sucks at math!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

it is sad Norm but not unsurprising that the troll is more credible then you are.

He is completely correct.

Given that the United States is 5% of the world's population, he's completely incorrect. Even if our bottom were richer than the entire rest of the world, you'd have to be in the top 20% of the US in wealth to be in the top 1% worldwide. As it is, you have to be in about the top 5% of US wealth. 

Not surprised that you are the one to defend him, what with your history of math discussion. 

A lot of masters degrees on here it seems

Abnormal population, everyone here is already guaranteed bachelor's so the percentage of master's rises a lot. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Given that the United States is 5% of the world's population, he's completely incorrect. Even if our bottom were richer than the entire rest of the world, you'd have to be in the top 20% of the US in wealth to be in the top 1% worldwide. As it is, you have to be in about the top 5% of US wealth. 

Not surprised that you are the one to defend him, what with your history of math discussion. 

Abnormal population, everyone here is already guaranteed bachelor's so the percentage of master's rises a lot. 

we don liek Maths in roorul neevada

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Sorry Buffoon boy.  Get back on your chair and have another beer, because Carla is beating Norm up again!   HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2082385/We-1--You-need-34k-income-global-elite--half-worlds-richest-live-U-S.html

Nearly half of the world's richest one per cent of people live in the U.S., according to a top economist.

But the threshold required to make it in to that elite group is lower than you might think - just $34,000 per person.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2082385/We-1--You-need-34k-income-global-elite--half-worlds-richest-live-U-S.html#ixzz3mPfwQjah 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sorry Buffoon boy.  Get back on your chair and have another beer, because Carla is beating Norm up again!   HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2082385/We-1--You-need-34k-income-global-elite--half-worlds-richest-live-U-S.html

Nearly half of the world's richest one per cent of people live in the U.S., according to a top economist.

But the threshold required to make it in to that elite group is lower than you might think - just $34,000 per person.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2082385/We-1--You-need-34k-income-global-elite--half-worlds-richest-live-U-S.html#ixzz3mPfwQjah 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

From your very own article:

"Of the 60million or so people who made up the world's richest percentile at the time of the most recent data, around 29million live in the U.S."

Seeing as how 29 million people is about 8% the population of the US, you have to be in the top 8% of the US to be in the top 1% worldwide. So... you're wrong. Again. Shocker. 

Keep being you, blues - unable to understand simple arithmetic and incapable of reading your own sources. 

I think that article does state that it only takes 34k after taxes to be in the top 1 percent in the world. The median salary in the US is 26k so we aren't doing as well as blues says but I think your math is off as well. Maybe the article is inaccurate as well because it also says that top 1 percent is at 500k where the IRS says it was 409k last year. As someone said, 1st world problems.

I think that article does state that it only takes 34k after taxes to be in the top 1 percent in the world. The median salary in the US is 26k so we aren't doing as well as blues says but I think your math is off as well. Maybe the article is inaccurate as well because it also says that top 1 percent is at 500k where the IRS says it was 409k last year. As someone said, 1st world problems.

The article also mentioned that it's per person, so a family of 4 would have to make 132k after taxes to qualify. 

I think the original premise is that if you are on every welfare plan, you would be in the 1%.  Some studies have shown that is true, especially in Wisconsin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2014/12/05/grothman-single-parents-welfare/

That said, that is so small a number who get that, the notion is heavily laced with nuance.  But, technically, could be accurate.

I think the original premise is that if you are on every welfare plan, you would be in the 1%.  Some studies have shown that is true, especially in Wisconsin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2014/12/05/grothman-single-parents-welfare/

That said, that is so small a number who get that, the notion is heavily laced with nuance.  But, technically, could be accurate.

It was 34 grand after taxes, per individual, full stop. It didn't include benefits otherwise you'd see other nations surge; how much is full health care and education in, say, England worth? Furthermore, your article indicated that a parent with 2 kids could receive 35,000 dollars; even if that is all cash, that would leave them about 67,000 dollars a year short of the 1% as defined by the original article. So, even in the very most gamed of circumstances they only make 1/3 the 1% level. 

You guys are certainly making my position easier to argue with all these links...

It was 34 grand after taxes, per individual, full stop. It didn't include benefits otherwise you'd see other nations surge; how much is full health care and education in, say, England worth? Furthermore, your article indicated that a parent with 2 kids could receive 35,000 dollars; even if that is all cash, that would leave them about 67,000 dollars a year short of the 1% as defined by the original article. So, even in the very most gamed of circumstances they only make 1/3 the 1% level. 

You guys are certainly making my position easier to argue with all these links...

I am quite sure that was the original article that this all is based off of.  I really give not much more than cursory care about this whole thing, so I glossed over the parent to single parent points.  Glad I could help though.  Also glad to know I am a world 1% though. :str8pimp:

I am quite sure that was the original article that this all is based off of.  I really give not much more than cursory care about this whole thing, so I glossed over the parent to single parent points.  Glad I could help though.  Also glad to know I am a world 1% though. :str8pimp: 

Well, the MW motto is above the rest... :)

.....even if we don't feel like it.  Or are.  :(

Just cuz we're the worst of the best doesn't mean we aren't still part of the best!