Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fido

Bowl brawl suspensions

You gotta bump the speed up to 45 rpm...or is it 78 rpm....I can't remember.

there was a backmasking fireside recording that was all the rage in my mission, the only one I remember was that if you played Queen's "another one bites the dust it said, "try and smoke marijuana"

good times

the funny thing about this is that the fans that are the most passionate in their insistence that "BYU is a win at all costs program, that never punishes players" are fans of schools that don't play BYU:

(1) SDSU (do we play them any time soon??)

(2) Utah (they are so over BYU, and rarely think about us anymore..... )

Again.... BYU fans only wished that Bronco cared more about winning.

One SDSU fan.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Guest #1Stunner

Shhh ... you're going to ruin his persecution and hyperbole shtick 

Shhhh....

I'm trying to keep you discussing BYU.  Don't stop now.  You were doing so well.

Tell us more about your thoughts about BYU's football program. 

I'd love for BYU and SDSU to schedule a football series so your thoughts might mean something.

Shhhh....

I'm trying to keep you discussing BYU.  Don't stop now.  You were doing so well.

Tell us more about your thoughts about BYU's football program. 

I'd love for BYU and SDSU to schedule a football series so your thoughts might mean something.

b-Y-who?

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

Guest #1Stunner

b-Y-who?

HA!   Finally....

I want sincerity.  No more guise of concern about ethics and discipline. about a fight.  Just pure hate!!  

BYU-----We ARE the ORIGINAL VILLAIN of the Intermountain West.   We ARE the most discussed team in the MWC.    That's what I love, baby.

HA!   Finally....

I want sincerity.  No more guise of concern about ethics and discipline. about a fight.  Just pure hate!!  

BYU-----We ARE the ORIGINAL VILLAIN of the Intermountain West.   We ARE the most discussed team in the MWC.    That's what I love, baby.

Sorry ... the only thing I know about YBU or whatever they're called is that they were involved in some sort of post game brawl with another team back in Dec. and have yet to announce any disciplinary measures for their part in the altercation while the other team has.  I also hear that their opponent for Saturday has already announced game suspensions for their team as well.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

So here is more details on Michael Davis (and some of the previous rumors appear to not be true or at least not confirmed):  http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2905382-155/byu-football-details-emerge-on-cornerback?page=1

Reading from the police report, Provo police spokesperson Nisha Henderson provided additional details from the altercation.

She said Davis, 20, was cited shortly after 7 p.m. on July 29 at the Old Mill Apartments, 728 W. 1720 North, where he had allegedly gotten into an altercation with a male of similar age over a parking stall.

That male, who is pressing charges, called police and allegedly had "visible injuries on his neck" that did not require medical attention when authorities arrived at the scene.

Davis was accompanied by two other males before the alleged assault occurred, but Provo police will not release their identities because they were not involved. No weapons, alcohol or drugs were involved, according to the report.

Davis was issued a citation at the scene but was not taken into custody. He pleaded not guilty to the charges in August and has obtained legal counsel and requested a jury trial.

=======================

The part to me that is a little fishy is the rioting charge.  http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/disorderly-conduct-utah.htm

In Utah, a riot is a gathering of three or more people who are

• engaging in violent or threatening behavior and creating a risk of alarming others
  • intending to engage in violent or threatening behavior within a short period of time, or
  • intending to commit a crime against another person or another person’s property.

Participating in a riot is punished more severely if the defendant is armed with a deadly weapon, or if injury, arson, or substantial property damage results. It is also a crime to refuse to comply with a police officer’s order to disperse or move away from a riot or from disorderly conduct.

Regardless of the outcome of the assault, I'm wondering if the rioting charge will stick because in the police report it said the two other males there with Davis would not be identified "because they were not involved".  If they weren't involved and none faced any charges, why would there be a charge of rioting just for Davis--which by definition requires 3 or more people to be involved?  Unless I'm completely not understanding the definition.

Update on Michael Shelton:

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/byusports/3038253-155/byu-football-charges-dismissed-reduced-in

Davis, a junior from Glendale, Calif., who has started all five games for the Cougars this season, pleaded no contest on Oct. 1 to a Class B misdemeanor assault charge that had been reduced from a Class A misdemeanor charge.

A Class B misdemeanor charge of riot against Davis was dismissed.

According to court documents, Davis must pay a fine of $250, plus interest, by April 1, 2016. He was placed on probation for one year and must complete an anger management class. The documents state that Davis has already completed 30 hours of community service.