Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

ABILENE CHRISTIAN AT FRESNO STATE

7 p.m. PT • Mountain West Network-Campus Insiders Ray Crawford (PBP), Sed Bonner (analyst)

Series tied 2-2
Last meeting: 1963, Abilene Christian 32-29 in Fresno, California

Abilene Christian is only in its third-year at the FCS level after competing at the Division II level since 1982

Fresno State has won its last nine season openers that have been played at Bulldog Stadium

Fresno State has won eight of its last 10 season openers, with the two losses coming against Pac-12 opponents in California (2011) and USC (2014)

Bulldog offensive lineman Justin Northern is rated the sixth-smartest player in college football by NFL.com’s Chase Goodbread.

The Bulldogs return 14 starters from the 2014 team - six on offense, five on defense and three on special teams - but overall Fresno State is a young team. In fall camp, 70 players were either freshmen or sophomores.

Abilene Christian defeated its last FBS opponent it played, a Sept. 13, 2014 road contest at Troy University (38-35)

The Wildcats had one of the strongest passing attacks in the Southland conference in 2014, averaging 275.3 yards through the air

It's crazy to see ACU fans predicting a win against the dogs. We can't be that bad. Lol they're basing most of it by our year last year. We still have a lot of talent than they do.

the only way we lose is if schramm forgets waller exists

did you not see the last meeting was 1963

It's crazy to see ACU fans predicting a win against the dogs. We can't be that bad. Lol they're basing most of it by our year last year. We still have a lot of talent than they do.

Well, the series is tied:  2-2....hahahaha!!!

This is HUGE!!!  Y'all are playing the rubber match this wknd.

I haven't been paying attention to ACU predictions,...but I'd guess they're basing it on having a pretty solid returning QB and we've been porous in the defensive backfield for two years in a row.  I think we'll be alright.

did you not see the last meeting was 1963 ---> I did, but it's still funny.  Were they better back-in-the-day, or were y'all worse?

I haven't been paying attention to ACU predictions,...but I'd guess they're basing it on having a pretty solid returning QB and we've been porous in the defensive backfield for two years in a row.  I think we'll be alright.

we should have an actual secondary this year.  Just feed waller and we're good by 2-3 scores

They have a returning QB, but I don't think he's faced a defense that blitz like ours.  

They have a returning QB, but I don't think he's faced a defense that blitz like ours.  

No doubt...and I think I read that the bulk of the ACU o-line is basically inexperienced this year...so hopefully a healthy E2 and the others can step up and make the QB a non factor. 

ACU is excited per their coach:  "The excitement level is palpable in the locker room, the coaches' offices and on the field," Collums said. "The fact that we're going to be playing at Fresno State – one of the best venues in college football – makes it even more exciting. We're going to a place where they don't lose very often, and the reason is because they have great players. But we're looking forward to giving it our best shot." 

I don't think even the Pat Hill era Fresno State squads could find a way to lose a heartbreaker on this one.

Fresno cruises.

We've never lost a game against an FCS team, so yeah... I don't think this will be any different. 

I'm wondering which team has more players from Texas on their roster.

I love how sjsu fan has a stiffy for CTD recruiting Texas kids.

I really don't get it, but just another example of mad, bitter sjsu fan.  After 18-81 last year, I guess I can't blame them.

shoulder-shrug.jpg