Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

Lunardi has given up on the MWC

More specifically, he's given up on UNLV for the time being, no matter how amazing the schedule is or ow good the recruiting class is.

Or how rope-a-dopey the head coach's strategy has been. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

In the most ridiculous "Look at me" move, Good Ole Joe has released the Super-Duper-Early Bracketology.

Only SDSU is in, as a 10 seed, for the MWC.   AAC has 4, including Tulsa.  Damn, he's making it easy to hit expectations.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

if that happens (Tulsa in over Memphis), Memphis will fire Pastner...it's NCAA or bust for him

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Guest #1Stunner

American schools he has listed:

Cinci

SMU

Tulsa

UConn

He also has Temple listed in his "Next Out" section.

The American is a good basketball conference.  They simply have more teams that can be good than the MWC does.  They also have better recruiting areas.

MWC has really suffered with UNLV and UNM being down.  But at least Wyoming has been good.  Dave Rice needs to be fired.

Guest #1Stunner

Too much history of falling flat on our faces in the dance. No respect should be expected.

Why did New Mexico suck so bad last year.  Was the talent just down?

You guys are a perennial MWC power.  Are you expected to be back this season?

Boise will be down

NM won't be a tourney team

Wyoming will be down

I think it's very possible that we only put in 1 team.

I agree. I was surprised we got 3 in last year.  MW teams need to step up if the MW wants to be known as a good basketball conference.  

Guest #1Stunner

Boise will be down

NM won't be a tourney team

Wyoming will be down

I think it's very possible that we only put in 1 team.

What about Colorado State?  Will they be good?

What about Colorado State?  Will they be good?

I think they have some roster turnover but had some good transfers?  They are an unknown somewhat if I remember right.  SDSU, CSU, Boise, and UNLV are the best chances but everyone besides SDSU has question marks.  UNLV should make it but you never know with Rice

We return everybody minus Marks but add Drmic which basically cancels out.  Hutch should be improved with another off season, Tigo was coming on late and JC's usually make a big jump 2nd year. Plus we add a shooter in Jackson who is the all time 3 pt leader at Boston College. Would be highly surprised if were down.

Why did New Mexico suck so bad last year.  Was the talent just down?

You guys are a perennial MWC power.  Are you expected to be back this season?

there is a whole thread about this called Fire Noodle.  If you have the time you can see my perspective as well as other Lobo fans about that.

Too much history of falling flat on our faces in the dance. No respect should be expected.

Added to this the fact that the Committee is admittedly using more analytics than just RPI in determining who is getting in. MWC schools have a well-earned reputation for exploiting RPI to our advantage. It may take a season or two to re-tool to the new requirements.

I think they have some roster turnover but had some good transfers?  They are an unknown somewhat if I remember right.  SDSU, CSU, Boise, and UNLV are the best chances but everyone besides SDSU has question marks.  UNLV should make it but you never know with Rice

Tough to predict how the Rams will finish this year.  I don't think there's any way they win 27 games again after losing 3 solid seniors, but we do have 2 highly touted juco transfers coming in and Antwan Scott should be ready to go this year after sitting out last year with an injury.  So I don't think the drop off will be as dramatic as some have predicted.