Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BroncoOrange

More Big 12 expansion rumors

No NM, so I call bullshit.  

From Wikipedia:

"Boise State University was founded in 1932 as Boise Junior College by the Episcopal Church, which created the school from the earlier St. Margaret's School, an Episcopal school founded in 1892 in nearby Christ Chapel. BSU's founding president was Middleton Barnwell, bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Idaho. After two years the school became independent, and, in 1940, moved from St. Margaret's Hall to its present site along the south bank of the Boise River between Capitol Boulevard and Broadway Avenue.[5]

In 1965, the school gained four-year status and began awarding baccalaureate degrees. Four years later, the school joined the Idaho state system of higher education and was renamed Boise State College. In 1974, the school gained university status to become Idaho's third state university. Boise State has grown to become the largest university in the state. Boise State now awards associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, and is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. As of 2010, the university has over 75,000 living alumni."

I see nothing in there about land granted by the government, which is the utmost criteria for P5 admission.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

Internet rumors over the last 6 weeks or so indicate they have already talked to UCF, Cincinnati and Memphis and BYU.  If they are talking to BYU again it must mean something good for BYU. Or perhaps it could all be hooey. We will know eventually. 

Internet rumors over the last 6 weeks or so indicate they have already talked to UCF, Cincinnati and Memphis and BYU.  If they are talking to BYU again it must mean something good for BYU. Or perhaps it could all be hooey. We will know eventually. 

BYU grads are known to come around to have a chat, again and again.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

What an awesome commissioner.  Glad he's not thinking about it.

Wake me up when the press conference is going and the paperwork is signed.  I've ridden this ride too many times.

While I hate all religions equally, I do have to say amen brother to that one ...

Please... you are just hanging out on Cougarboard and reposting Cougarboard rumors now.

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=14336690

The dude is a fraud:

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=14337001

That said...BOISE and BYU to the BIG12 would be great!!

Actually I saw it on twitter. Just because you hangout on Cougar board all day long doesn't mean I do.