Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

godogsgo

Fresno State fans: What school is the main rival of FS?

Fresno State fans: What school is the main rival of FS?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. For accuracy, **please only vote if you are primarily a fan of Fresno State**. Also, no socks. Only FS posters with 500+ post tally will be counted. For the purposes of this poll, consider any and all FS sports. Fresno State fans: Which one school do you get it up for? Who is the main rival of FS?

• San Jose State
    • Boise State
    • Hawaii
    • San Diego State
    • Nevada (Reno)
    • UNLV
    • Wyoming
    • Colorado State University
    • New Mexico
    • Air Force
    • Utah State
    • Other (not shown)

Fresno State fans, help clear up the question:  What is the primary rival of FS?  I have my opinion, but what I care about is the truth.  If I am wrong, I will happily admit it and cease claiming otherwise. 

Note:  Trying to be clear and accurate here.  Other school fans please abstain.  I will re-tally after validating voters.  Criteria:  FS fan posters with 500+ posts to their name.   No socks.  No trolls.  Only data.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

IMO, it used to be sjsu because of the games in the 80s and early 90s.  However, we've more or less dominated them the last 20+ years and they became an afterthought.  

I enjoy beating sjsu anytime, but I enjoy beating SUDS much more in this era.

Told it was SDSU in the 70's....I know it was San Jose in the 80's...Had some great battles with CSU/SDSU/BYU in the 90's but too little time together so I moved on to Boise (albeit lopsided) and Hawaii equally in the 00's...now it's likely to be West division foe...but, for me, it's still a developing story in the 10's as to who it will be....

[inflammatory comment that causes all of you to vote for SDSU out of spite]

Don't get me wrong, I have an inner hatred from attending those games in the 80s.  sjsu fan was always a dyck....in SJ or in Fresno. 

Got my revenge and then some during the last 20+ years.

Cmon cincy and AV.  Vote. 

I'll vote...but it will be for who it's likely to become as opposed to who I feel it's been the last decade...it's likely going to become SDSU since we'll regularly compete for the West titles in football (at least that's where the smart money is). 

The game between us and Hawaii is something I look forward to every year. I'm to young to remember any "classic" games between us and san jose. also to young to remember us playing san diego annually. But I do remember our first year kicker missing two game winning kicks, and hawaii putting up 68 on us in bulldog stadium...I remember us kicking their ass on the islands in 2009. Plus the classic in 07..I have a lot of respect for Hawaii but I love to hate them.

Right now. As if this moment, for clarification

well I voted SDSU...Boise would be the current rival otherwise....albeit one we haven't fared too well against...with the Hawaii rivalry a close second, yet probably the truest and most fun...particularly during the June era...best stories ever. 

Great.  I appreciate the input. Keep em coming.   No smack.   Just what game is most meaningful to you as a fan

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

I'm impressed the only people who have voted are Fresno fans.  Who knew we (the mwcboard) could follow instructions! 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

The game between us and Hawaii is something I look forward to every year. I'm to young to remember any "classic" games between us and san jose. also to young to remember us playing san diego annually. But I do remember our first year kicker missing two game winning kicks, and hawaii putting up 68 on us in bulldog stadium...I remember us kicking their ass on the islands in 2009. Plus the classic in 07..I have a lot of respect for Hawaii but I love to hate them.

yeah...that stretch with Hawaii was a blast as a fan...I have lots of respect for their fans and the bullshit stories they religiously told/tell about us...they know how to do it...and that Star-Ad writer (Ferd I think) would always perpetuate the Fresno hate and myths...he even bashed us good when we bailed on the project...playing Hawaii annually is a treat.  

I'm impressed the only people who have voted are Fresno fans.  Who knew we (the mwcboard) could follow instructions! 

It is pretty amazing really...BTW...I really like playing Nevada too...but they're the team I'd switch allegiances to if the Bulldogs disappeared...I've personally known some of the Valley kids that have played for the Pack, their families, etc.....so it will take something to make me really dislike Nevada before I'll view games against as part of a heated rivalry.

I said Boise, knowing full well that the w-l doesn't work exactly scream rivalry. 

yeah...the game you want to win the most and the one that almost always mattered...win or lose, it felt and feels like a rivalry...many of their fans have said the same over the years despite the lopsided record against. 

It is pretty amazing really...BTW...I really like playing Nevada too...but they're the team I'd switch allegiances to if the Bulldogs disappeared...I've personally known some of the Valley kids that have played for the Pack, their families, etc.....so it will take something to make me really dislike Nevada before I'll view games against as part of a heated rivalry.

I feel the same about Fresno.  Nothing but respect for the Dogs.  Don't have a problem with them or their fans.  I love playing Fresno and am glad we will continue to play each other but I don't consider Fresno a rival.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Currently, it's Boise. Fans get the most exited about that game, by far. CTD said that the first question he was asked by most Fresno fans when he was first hired was, "Are we going to beat Boise??" It might turn back to SDSU if they can beat us and win the West. That's more of a natural rival because the two schools are more similar and on pretty equal footing. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg