Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

San Jose State Basketball

Will you call for Dave Rice's firing if they beat unlv?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

They're not going winless in MW play next year.  They have a nice freshmen class who will eventually lead them to a winning record in MW play.

I suspect that it will not happen in the next four years.  They have bad coaching and not enough studs.

Guest Dr. Dre

As long as Nevada is in this league, they got a chance at a W. Winning record? They've had 3 winning seasons in 30 years!

As long as Nevada is in this league, they got a chance at a W. Winning record? They've had 3 winning seasons in 30 years!

ouch........

In fairness, we fired the coach that lost to that piss poor basketball program. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

That can't be a good source.  They list Hawaii in the MWC.  But, Nevada is ecstatic about their class and San Jose State is ranked ahead of them.

Ranked ahead of Nevada where? Here's another ranking of SJSU's 2015 class: http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/23/class/2015

It's an improvement on prior years but nothing to write home to mother about.

And Nevada's ecstatic about this? http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/2440/class/2015

Boom goes the dynamite.

They're not going winless in MW play next year.  They have a nice freshmen class who will eventually lead them to a winning record in MW play.

From Dave Rice's coaching and SJSU's talent....this guy has a real good eye for quality basketball. :lol:

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

warbow called you an idiot 1 idiot this

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

I know this is a joke post, but I'll answer it seriously anyways. I don't think any Spartans fans are under any delusions that the Spartans will have a winning record in the MWC next year. However, I think most (but definitely not all) Spartans fans think that Coach Woj has us on the right track despite the winless season. Improvement may not result in any MWC conference wins, but I think it is reasonable to expect some wins over some D-1 OOC opponents this upcoming season. And I think that's what's most important to fans of other MWC programs--SJSU needs to get some OOC wins so that it's not a heavy weight on the conference RPI ranking. If Coach Woj doesn't win any OOC D-1 games this upcoming season, then I could definitely see fans losing patience with him.

I know this is a joke post, but I'll answer it seriously anyways. I don't think any Spartans fans are under any delusions that the Spartans will have a winning record in the MWC next year. However, I think most (but definitely not all) Spartans fans think that Coach Woj has us on the right track despite the winless season. Improvement may not result in any MWC conference wins, but I think it is reasonable to expect some wins over some D-1 OOC opponents this upcoming season. And I think that's what's most important to fans of other MWC programs--SJSU needs to get some OOC wins so that it's not a heavy weight on the conference RPI ranking. If Coach Woj doesn't win any OOC D-1 games this upcoming season, then I could definitely see fans losing patience with him.

This may have been the joke post.  If all he has to do is worry about fans, he has it easy.  He would probably just need to take those three guys out for steak once a month.

7297_3688.gif

I'm not joking.  They will be terrible next year, but I can see them winning a game in MW play.  Within a few years, I could see them going 10-8 in MW play.