Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV recruiting

43 minutes ago, LakersGM1 said:

Rumor is we might steal a de-commit from Holy Cross, 2/3 star cornerback Kyle Moses.

I hope that is true.  We certainly have needs in that position.

Just saw 24/7 shows him as a Holy Cross commit but, then shows him 100% to UNLV.  Per his twitter he did decommit from Holy Cross.

4_3521278.png

Kyle Moses

San Diego, CA (Mater Dei Catholic)

Cornerback

• Ht 5-11
  • Wt 185
  • CLASS OF 17

247Sports Composite

0.7480 ?
247Sports  73
1_14015.gif

Hard Commit

8/19/2016
  • 9 OFFERS
  • 0 VISITS
  • 0 COACH VISITS
  • 5_461155.png
  • 5_13943.gif
  • 5_13944.gif
  • 5_13945.gif
  • 5_13960.gif
  • 5_20755.gif
  • 5_14057.gif
  • 5_14028.gif
  • 5_20780.gif
  • 5_3645592.png
  • 5_810035.png
  • 5_3553096.png
  • 5_4614.gif
  • 5_13860.gif
  • 5_14069.gif

View Complete Team List

CRYSTAL BALL Predictions

• UNLV100%

Timeline

See All 1 Entries Aug 19
5_14015.gif

Commit

Kyle Moses commits to Holy Cross Crusaders

4 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

I hope that is true.  We certainly have needs in that position.

Just saw 24/7 shows him as a Holy Cross commit but, then shows him 100% to UNLV.  Per his twitter he did decommit from Holy Cross.

4_3521278.png

Kyle Moses

San Diego, CA (Mater Dei Catholic)

Cornerback

• Ht 5-11
  • Wt 185
  • CLASS OF 17

247Sports Composite

0.7480 ?
247Sports  73
1_14015.gif

Hard Commit

8/19/2016
  • 9 OFFERS
  • 0 VISITS
  • 0 COACH VISITS
  • 5_461155.png
  • 5_13943.gif
  • 5_13944.gif
  • 5_13945.gif
  • 5_13960.gif
  • 5_20755.gif
  • 5_14057.gif
  • 5_14028.gif
  • 5_20780.gif
  • 5_3645592.png
  • 5_810035.png
  • 5_3553096.png
  • 5_4614.gif
  • 5_13860.gif
  • 5_14069.gif

View Complete Team List

CRYSTAL BALL Predictions

• UNLV100%

Timeline

See All 1 Entries Aug 19
5_14015.gif

Commit

Kyle Moses commits to Holy Cross Crusaders

The Crystal Ball guy made this prediction at 11:56PM last night.

Guest RoscoesDad

Hope we get the cb.  I noticed that Vegas has like 30+ kids signed d1.  Just overall unlv needs to do better than 3 of those.  I know he gets a lot of daps from local recruits but they are still not signing with unlv.  That needs to change. 

On 2/1/2017 at 11:36 AM, LakersGM1 said:

Rumor is we might steal a de-commit from Holy Cross, 2/3 star cornerback Kyle Moses.

His Twitter shows him thanking Army for an offer and an in home visit.  He had a thank you to Sanchez and UNLV pinned but, he removed it.  He still hasn't decided but, I think he goes Army.  One of his high school teammates is going Army.

This dudes from SD? Never heard of him, but whenever I see local guys looking at military academy I always think their dad is military, which is possibility with him living in South Bay.

Guest RoscoesDad

Sanchez has done a good job with the last two scholies after signing day.  Both of Moses and the LB kid will come in and impact.  I think we have 1 more left to burn, will be interested to see if we can pull another 3* guy in before next year.  Doesn't matter how or when we get them.

My buddy was at UNLV this weekend for the 7O7 tourney with his team.  Will have to post some of his stuff, they let the kids loose in the locker room, pics with UNLV gear etc.  Was told point blank by another one of my old HS friends there who just so happens to be the main recruiting guy for Scout.com (BH) that the new Fertitta facility is going to make a huge difference for us. And if we get the new stadium on top of that, UNLV "will be on the radar of every P5 recruit on the west coast".

1 hour ago, RoscoesDad said:

Sanchez has done a good job with the last two scholies after signing day.  Both of Moses and the LB kid will come in and impact.  I think we have 1 more left to burn, will be interested to see if we can pull another 3* guy in before next year.  Doesn't matter how or when we get them.

My buddy was at UNLV this weekend for the 7O7 tourney with his team.  Will have to post some of his stuff, they let the kids loose in the locker room, pics with UNLV gear etc.  Was told point blank by another one of my old HS friends there who just so happens to be the main recruiting guy for Scout.com (BH) that the new Fertitta facility is going to make a huge difference for us. And if we get the new stadium on top of that, UNLV "will be on the radar of every P5 recruit on the west coast".

I really hope that's the case. It'd be nice for once for UNLV football to be able to go into recruiting battles with some actual  advantages rather than mostly disadvantages.

On 2/25/2017 at 6:18 PM, badfish said:

He took his sweet ass time about it.  I am very glad we got him.  It's a position we need some help.  He had us pinned then he would remove it then pin it again later.  I stopped checking with him as I thought he was jerking us around.  The way he went about taking his time reminded me a lot of how Oscar Bellfield went about recruitment before finally selecting us.

Pinned Tweet

COMMITTED #GoRebels

C5jaExBU0AAn4Dk.jpg

C5jaE0BVUAAqF8v.jpg
C5jaE0AUwAIR6tq.jpg
C5jaEw_U8AAmvjV.jpg
10 replies117 retweets363 likes

Retweet

Guest RoscoesDad
19 hours ago, And? said:

I really hope that's the case. It'd be nice for once for UNLV football to be able to go into recruiting battles with some actual  advantages rather than mostly disadvantages.

The Fertitta complex will help us a lot with what we're already doing i.e. recruiting in the MWC.   It will at least allow us to punch in our own weight class with other MWC level recruits.  Things gets real interesting if we combine that with the new stadium.  My friend had a couple of P5 recruits on his 7o7 team, i spoke briefly with one of them who is committed to TAMU next year and asked him what he would think about UNLV with the new on-campus facility and the stadium on the Strip.  He just lit up and said oh yeah, he'd definitely be looking at UNLV and said we'd probably have to turn guys away if that ever happens.  But I've been around long enough not to count on anything positive with this program until it actually happens.

23 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

I missed that before.  After the signing of the 18 announced we had 3 scholarships available.  With Moses that would leave 2.  Was there another LB picked up that I missed?

Guest RoscoesDad
51 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

I missed that before.  After the signing of the 18 announced we had 3 scholarships available.  With Moses that would leave 2.  Was there another LB picked up that I missed?

I was thinking of the Katoanga kid but now I can't remember if he signed before or after signing day.  He was a SDSU recruit last year.

13 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

I was thinking of the Katoanga kid but now I can't remember if he signed before or after signing day.  He was a SDSU recruit last year.

Gotcha, Katoanga was part of the 18.  Now with Moses we still have two scholly's left.  I don't have any idea who Sanchez is chasing right now for those two spots.

4 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

4 hours ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

Gotcha, Katoanga was part of the 18.  Now with Moses we still have two scholly's left.  I don't have any idea who Sanchez is chasing right now for those two spots.

i thought i heard last week that we got another LB...