Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigd

Which school would you rather enroll in: Nevada or UNLV?

Which school would you rather enroll in: Nevada or UNLV?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Nevada or UNLV

Went with UNLV.  I know the Strip is there but wouldn't there be quite a few things to do in Las Vegas and wouldn't the weather be warmer?  Four hours drive from Los Angeles.  Cheap transportation options.

I know football sucks hard at UNLV but the entertainment options within a city is what sold me on the college I went to.  I imagine there are quite a few hotel internships to go around and you could get started on a career with the hotel industry while going to school at the same time.  Perhaps that would be able to outweigh the fact that UNLV is a commuter school and it looks like cost of living is pretty low in Vegas at this point as well.  I'm sure the parents would freak out about gambling your life away but I think it's overblown.

Vegas is a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there for more then 1 month.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Anyone who chose UNR is either a Northern Barbarian themselves or is completely ignorant of the desolate wasteland that Reno is.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Nevada...everyone has a good time in Vegas, and my choosing Nevada over UNLV isn't dogging UNLV...but to me the Nevada campus pushes it over the top and while less entertaining, Reno has more of a college town vibe IMO...plus we have relatives there to bail me out of jail.   

Guest #1Stunner

Nevada.  They have a much nicer campus than UNLV (not UNLV's fault).

Plus, they have more competitive sports programs.  (though their football players cheat and try to injure the opposition).

Reno is more of a college town than Las Vegas.  Las Vegas, too many kids live at home with their parents---a commuter school.  That makes UNLV less appealing.

You think we're all out playing all the time? Just curious.

​To much sin in Vegas, I'm afraid I would be sucked into that with no self control. I prefer not to be Junior Boy's boy toy in prison.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Anyone who chose UNR is either a Northern Barbarian themselves or is completely ignorant of the desolate wasteland that Reno is.

​Funny, I was just going to say anyone who chooses UNLV only does so because of the strip, and knows nothing about the commuter/apathetic nature of the university.