Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Pick 8 - Team Gray

This is week 10, I forgot to change the header but I'm not going to go back and correct it.  @Boise fan will be back next week.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

10 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The end of the season is going to be really interesting. My lead in the loss column is helpful, but I've got four teams playing in rivalry games next week, so anything could happen. 

I officially concede.  You would have to lose all eight games and I would have to win all eight of mine just to get a tie with you.  This was my first year at this and it was a lot of fun.  I followed teams I wouldn't normally watch.  Looking forward to this next year.  Good luck next week.

2 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

I officially concede.  You would have to lose all eight games and I would have to win all eight of mine just to get a tie with you.  This was my first year at this and it was a lot of fun.  I followed teams I wouldn't normally watch.  Looking forward to this next year.  Good luck next week.

That's what I love about playing this game. I wouldn't ordinarily go out of my way to watch games played by most of the teams that I picked. Since I picked them, I wanted to find out how they were doing, so it made the college football season more interesting for me. 

Ugh, this is going to come down to conference championship games, isn't it? I've got two teams playing in them, and Ram has one. His team will likely be favored, and mine will be the underdogs. At least I get a share of the win. 

Or wait, do we include bowl games as well?

No it's regular season only.  So no championship games.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

53 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Ugh, this is going to come down to conference championship games, isn't it? I've got two teams playing in them, and Ram has one. His team will likely be favored, and mine will be the underdogs. At least I get a share of the win. 

Or wait, do we include bowl games as well?

I would've had a shot with CCG's, but it looks as though you won. Good picks this year - Northwestern in the 6th round was a steal!

3 minutes ago, Ram1554 said:

I would've had a shot with CCG's, but it looks as though you won. Good picks this year - Northwestern in the 6th round was a steal!

Even more impressive due to drafting Auburn in the first round. Congrats!

Nonsense by geniuses is still nonsense.

2 hours ago, k3swoosh said:

Even more impressive due to drafting Auburn in the first round. Congrats!

God, I was sure that pick would come back to haunt me in the end. I was back and forth between Auburn and Notre Dame.... should have gone with my first instinct. 

2 hours ago, Ram1554 said:

I had a feeling that they were going to be alright this year, but I was expecting something like 7-5/8-4, not 10-2. The giant gamble was on UNC --- I was counting on an improved defense and the coastal being a cluster+++++, and it worked out pretty well. :lol:

You're welcome, Headbutt.

Signed,

The 2015 Houston Cougars

when does next year start?  I've already got my short list going and I know I'm starting in the bush leagues for Round One.  Some secret Sunbelt.  Some maybe MAC.  A most curious cusa.  None of that Arizona State and Nebraska horsecrud.  A stealthy, non-radar wunderkynd.  Introducing Southern Mississippi of 2016.  They're baaaaaaack.  And they shall be mine. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

2 hours ago, Coog kev said:

You're welcome, Headbutt.

Signed,

The 2015 Houston Cougars

when does next year start?  I've already got my short list going and I know I'm starting in the bush leagues for Round One.  Some secret Sunbelt.  Some maybe MAC.  A most curious cusa.  None of that Arizona State and Nebraska horsecrud.  A stealthy, non-radar wunderkynd.  Introducing Southern Mississippi of 2016.  They're baaaaaaack.  And they shall be mine. 

Thank you Houston, now I just hope you can keep that coach,

I tried that bush league strategy this year.  It has it's pluses and minuses.  It started to pay off once we got to conference play but I got freaking drilled in OOC.  My biggest mistake was Michigan.  They were available when I took The RAMS in the fourth, and I almost went with Michigan instead.  Then I looked at it and wondered why in the hell was Michigan still available in the fourth.  "Hmmm, these guys must know something I don't", so I took CSU and held my breath to get Michigan in the fifth.  Mug took them three picks (I think) ahead of my fifth round pick.  Damn near pulled it off.