Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

OT Question for Vegas people

A little help if you wouldn't mind.  I've got a niece moving to Sin City very soon.  Her husband has a new job down there.  She asked me (don't know why) if I knew what part of town was safe to live in.  He'll be working in the north part of the city.  They're just starting out, so rich gated neighborhoods are out of the question, and they are both "small town" people.  Any suggestions?  I'd appreciate legitimate ones if you don't mind.

Tell her to stay out of GVP and the Hendo in general unless she's down for this street life 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

there's neighborhoods every

i'm a summerlin person but green valley area is nice. every place has nice areas and shit holes. centennial has nice areas and is around his work

i wouldn't live anywhere that is "north las vegas". that's probably my only advice 

i'm a summerlin person 

Fck your roundabouts bruh

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

Based on location, I'd live in Summerlin or maybe Aliante if she can't afford Summerlin,

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

Based on location, I'd live in Summerlin or maybe Alienate if she can't afford Summerlin,

Aliante? 

Alienate sounds like an unfriendly neighborhood. 

Aliante? 

Alienate sounds like an unfriendly neighborhood. 

Whoops fixed....

A little help if you wouldn't mind.  I've got a niece moving to Sin City very soon.  Her husband has a new job down there.  She asked me (don't know why) if I knew what part of town was safe to live in.  He'll be working in the north part of the city.  They're just starting out, so rich gated neighborhoods are out of the question, and they are both "small town" people.  Any suggestions?  I'd appreciate legitimate ones if you don't mind.

:lol:

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

The new area called Providence is nice. The homes are not expensive and you can build your own to your liking, I have hardly ever seen a cop, let alone violence in the area, and some nice parks in the area. Only down side is that it takes 10 minutes to drive to the nearest commercial area but that does keep traffic down in the area.

Nonsense by geniuses is still nonsense.

dcsg2f.jpg

​Lol, my area is not worth going to.

Now, white money with trash is so true for Anthem.

the roundabouts are too confusing.they are also stupid.

People who can't figure out a simple roundabout shouldn't be driving. Its a freaking circle with 3 to 4 entrances /exits . God, I hate the drivers here who are too stupid to figure them out. 

:lol:

Oh, look guys it's our resident Vegas expert. Please tell us about how Vegas is now based on living here 3 years in the 80s.

dcsg2f.jpg

​I am a Las Vegas neighborhood expert like none other (I am not a realtor, by the way).  This map is actually pretty accurate in my opinion. Not rock-solid perfect, but close enough. "Hipsters with families" definitely needs to be moved over towards Rancho/Charleston, though.

People who can't figure out a simple roundabout shouldn't be driving. Its a freaking circle with 3 to 4 entrances /exits . God, I hate the drivers here who are too stupid to figure them out. 

next time i get lost in a roundabout in summerlin, i hope it sends me north 8 hrs to reno.