Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Summer Plans

I'm leaving on Friday to hike the Appalachian Trail with a couple of friends. It's nearly 2,200 miles long stretching from Georgia to Maine. We've planned this trip for a long time and are finally able to do it. So I wish everyone a great Memorial Day weekend and an awesome Summer ahead. *If you have any plans, please add your adventure (big or small) below. And if I don't get mauled by a bear, I'll be back on the board in time for football season. Have fun everybody! B)

app-map.jpghiker-and-foot-traffic-sign.jpg

Mauled by a bear? Aren't there just black bears back there? Just don't chase any cubs or wear a bacon suit and I imagine you'll be fine.

cool trip. How long will this take you?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

That sounds like a lot of fun.  

As for me I'm moving this summer, going camping and working....exciting I know. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I'm leaving on Friday to hike the Appalachian Trail with a couple of friends. It's nearly 2,200 miles long stretching from Georgia to Maine. We've planned this trip for a long time and are finally able to do it. So I wish everyone a great Memorial Day weekend and an awesome Summer ahead. *If you have any plans, please add your adventure (big or small) below. And if I don't get mauled by a bear, I'll be back on the board in time for football season. Have fun everybody! B)

​Sounds like a blast.  I hope you've got new hiking boots planned once or twice along the way :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest Dr. Dre

Probably too late, but if you haven't read it, A Walk in the Woods is a great read about the AT. Have fun.

​Funny book. Bill Bryson good author

​Be safe!  Picked up a hiker doing the PCT on the way back home so he could pick up a package at the Onyx P.O.  Great guy, took him to Kern River Brewing (was on his "bucket list"), had lunch and dropped him off at a hotel.  Have a lot of respect for those that do these hikes.  Maybe someday for me...(once I am able to take a few months off from work)

As far as my summer plans.  Taking the wife down to the Keys next month for a couple of weeks. 

Only one thing officially scheduled:

I'm off to Tuscon for a weekend for a team camp.

Thinking about going to Northern California in July for vacation.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?