Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Way too early poll numbers

It is probably for the same reason that people don't bring up Dinesh D'Souza. Schweizer has been called out for making errors or false claims on more than a few occasions.

Honestly, would you trust a book written by Michael Moore that makes the GOP front runner look bad just in front of a Presidential election?

That is not to say the information in his book isn't true, it very well may be. But he is a well known political operative with an obvious agenda.

Take it for what it's worth but the NY Times and Fox have secured exclusive interviews after the book is out and preliminary reviews by NYTimes have reported that it is well researched.

Were these Hillary's speaking engagements or Bill's? I don't really see this as an issue that will sway voters; those who care probably aren't going to vote for her under any circumstances anyway.

All but 2 of these speeches that were referenced were by her while secretary. I do agree that this won't sway her ardent supporters.

If the republicans put out a respectable candidate, they'll slaughter Hillary.  By the time the general election roles around the country will have "Clinton Fatigue".  Plus, Obama hates Clinton.  Don't be surprised if he does something to sabotage her candidacy.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I think that a lot of Dems will sit this one out because they see Hillary's advantages as too much to overcome. She already has name recognition. Now you could list this as a strength and a weakness. Most people have already formed an opinion on her one way or the other. While she has her fair share of detractors, she has a huge number of supporters as well. And if you haven't changed their minds by now, chances are that you aren't going to. She also has the fundraising and infrastructure for a Presidential campaign in place.

Very strong take - Pretty much spot on

Hillary has already been through the ringer over the last decade + & the GOP has ben trying to hang Benghazi around her neck & yet can't get anything to stick, even their 7th investigation failed on them...........HRC can take the mud slinging, because that's all the ammo the GOP has - The GOP can't run on their record, they have none & a lot of their platform & ideology only appeals to the 60+ age group.............and with HRC, the GOP can't play the "be afraid the the black guy" strategy, and will risk alienating females voters if the GOP goes the "war on females" route.

So this could end up being a race where HRC slogs along talking the issues while the GOP runs around screaming about what a fiend "this Hillary woman is"........and that isn't going to inspire many outside the hardcore GOP base to vote for one of the GOPer's.

The GOP has an uphill battle as I see it.

Take it for what it's worth but the NY Times and Fox have secured exclusive interviews after the book is out and preliminary reviews by NYTimes have reported that it is well researched.

If Fox jumps all over it and does endless segments on the book in their zeal to hammer Hillary..........that will give less credence to the credibility of the writer. Fox doesn't care about facts or reality and that's fine for their audience who wants to hear the evil's even if they are fabricated by the Fox News models.

If the NYT & other sane media outlets take off with it, then it's a bigger issue for HRC.

Of course Fox is involved. One of Rupert Murdock's companies is the publisher.

All but 2 of these speeches that were referenced were by her while secretary. I do agree that this won't sway her ardent supporters.

No, I believe you're mistaken. Those speeches were made by Bill while Hillary was SoS. 

"But whether Mr. Schweizer’s book can deliver the same sales is not clear. He writes mainly in the voice of a neutral journalist and meticulously documents his sources, including tax records and government documents, while leaving little doubt about his view of the Clintons.

His reporting largely focuses on payments made to Mr. Clinton for speeches, which increased while his wife served as secretary of state, writing that “of the 13 Clinton speeches that fetched $500,000 or more, only two occurred during the years his wife was not secretary of state.”

In 2011, Mr. Clinton made $13.3 million in speaking fees for 54 speeches, the majority of which were made overseas, the author writes."

edit: Hillary has made a number of highly paid speaking engagements since leaving her position several years ago.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hater :D

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Pin that post, we can reference is in November 2016 - If you are right, go buy lottery tickets !!

Any candidate the GOP has that can soundly defeat Hillary will not make it past the primaries. I'm just living in a fantasy world. Come join me. We have cake.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Any candidate the GOP has that can soundly defeat Hillary will not make it past the primaries. I'm just leaving living in a fantasy world. Come join me. We have cake.

Who is this candidate that can improve the GOP's standing enough with women and minorities to soundly beat Hillary (even if it is in a fantasy world)? The GOP couldn't soundly beat John Kerry.

Oh, and I fixed your typo above.

"UNLV is just really a four year junior college with a nice stadium for the basketball team" -Adam Carolla

trailer-park-taj-mahal.jpg

Who is this candidate that can improve the GOP's standing enough with women and minorities to soundly beat Hillary (even if it is in a fantasy world)? The GOP couldn't soundly beat John Kerry.

I think Sandoval could soundly beat Hillary. He's pro choice & a Latino. But I don't think he would make it out of the primaries if he were to run.

And thanks.

I think Sandoval could soundly beat Hillary. He's pro choice & a Latino. But I don't think he would make it out of the primaries if he were to run.

And thanks.

Right now Sandoval doesn't have the name recognition. He needs to build his national profile because I doubt that a lot of folks outside of Nevada know who he is. I wouldn't be surprised if he ran at some point in the future, but he has a lot of work to do between now and then.

"UNLV is just really a four year junior college with a nice stadium for the basketball team" -Adam Carolla

I doubt that book will hurt Hillary all that much. Those who support her know of her baggage and misdeeds and support her anyway.

It could hurt her with undecided voters and those who might be thinking about siting this one out.

Turnout might be her biggest obstacle. There will be no Hillary mania.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

No, I believe you're mistaken. Those speeches were made by Bill while Hillary was SoS. 

"But whether Mr. Schweizer’s book can deliver the same sales is not clear. He writes mainly in the voice of a neutral journalist and meticulously documents his sources, including tax records and government documents, while leaving little doubt about his view of the Clintons.

His reporting largely focuses on payments made to Mr. Clinton for speeches, which increased while his wife served as secretary of state, writing that “of the 13 Clinton speeches that fetched $500,000 or more, only two occurred during the years his wife was not secretary of state.”

In 2011, Mr. Clinton made $13.3 million in speaking fees for 54 speeches, the majority of which were made overseas, the author writes."

edit: Hillary has made a number of highly paid speaking engagements since leaving her position several years ago.

Good catch, I guess the book is about both Bill and Hillary. As I said before, I'll take Clinton over Obama and Warren. Unlike UNLV2001, or JackMormon, I don't discount news organizations as non credible just because I disagree with their editorial board. NYTimes will be all over this story at the time of the Clinton World Initiative next month.

And thanks.

I agree. In fact, I would take Sandoval over Clinton. Sadly, he has no chance. 

Right now Sandoval doesn't have the name recognition. He needs to build his national profile because I doubt that a lot of folks outside of Nevada know who he is. I wouldn't be surprised if he ran at some point in the future, but he has a lot of work to do between now and then.

It kind of makes you wonder why in the hell we have to have a presidential election that lasts a year and a half if voters are just going to select the name they knew best when the whole thing started.  :pullhair:

It kind of makes you wonder why in the hell we have to have a presidential election that lasts a year and a half if voters are just going to select the name they knew best when the whole thing started.  :pullhair:

It actually takes a lot longer than that. You could argue that Hillary has essentially been running for President since 2000. I think that the reason that she didn't officially run in 2004 was because she didn't want to take on an incumbent, and at the time she had no way of knowing what an unstoppable force Obama would be in 2008.

The GOP beat John Kerry with an unpopular president embroiled in 2 unpopular wars.

Hilary Clinton is pro choice.   She loses 20% of the female vote on that position alone.

Hilary Clinton is pro free trade.  She suffers the loss of 20% of the voters on the liberal side of her party that won't even show up at the polls because of that position.

Hilary Clinton has almost 47% of the country who won't vote for her for any reason.   That will rise when the campaign heats up and she is tied to all her and her husbands past scandals.   http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/hillary-clinton-favorable-rating

Hilary Clinton will be tied to the Obama Foreign policy disaster.   

Hilary Clinton will be tied to the Obama Care Disaster.  Which will start driving the deficit higher this year at unprecedented rates.

Since this election will be about the 2% of the voters in the middle.  All someone has to do is find a reason for those people to vote against Hilary.  Which is pretty easy with all the polling parties do and all the positions Hilary has had to take as a secretary of State and Senator.  

The republican opposition won't even have to run on any ideas.  They should win this just on Hilary's unfavorables.

For starters, the 47% is now the 40%, and most likely included Mitt Romney in some years. That's why he only released one year of prior taxes and one year current taxes, which he filed an extension on, and payed much more than he owed to make the numbers look better. Which he more than likely filed an amended return to get back the amount he overpayed.