Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BoiseStateOfMind

Cheat Fisher crying again

Did SDSU cut down the nets and celebrate too, or did just Boise do that?

Probably cut them.

Here is another quote from that same article:

Fans flooded the court and confetti fell from the rafters after the final buzzer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/aztecs-beat-nevada-67-43-share-mountain-west-title/2015/03/08/a53fe7de-c553-11e4-a188-8e4971d37a8d_story.html

What school wouldn't celebrate a shared title though?  It is how you keep fans interested and keep momentum.  I'm sure those kids that stormed the court could care less if they shared it with Boise.  They just wanted to have fun and celebrate.  

You don't usually run up to the team that broomed you and say "We won this conference"

Everyone knows who won it.

Boise fans count a shared WAC football title with Nevada when Nevada beat them. Nevada counts a different one in which Boise beat Nevada. That's just wow it works.

Basketball is odd. Boise and sdsu both had fine years but a Colorado state or wyo could also claim a share of the prize. Feels like soccer.

Boise fans count a shared WAC football title with Nevada when Nevada beat them. Nevada counts a different one in which Boise beat Nevada. That's just wow it works.

Basketball is odd. Boise and sdsu both had fine years but a Colorado state or wyo could also claim a share of the prize. Feels like soccer.

??

I get that, and I get Boise celebrating it, as they haven't had much success overall as a basketball team.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Some of you are acting like Fisher walked up to Rice and said, "We won the championship."

That's not the context. Again, I'm sure he's stating the fact that both teams celebrate their championship. 

Most of the coaches in the MW seem pretty solid as human beings. I'm just now suffering through the Inside College Basketball segment on the Broncos. I've always thought Rice seemed like an extremely nice guy--maybe too nice. I felt a little sorry for him when we'd win by 1 or 2 repeatedly.

I do not feel like that at all this year.

...Most of the coaches in the MW seem pretty solid as human beings....

I hadn't thought of that before. We don't really have any coaches who seem like people you wouldn't want as neighbors. All seem to be pretty good people.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I hadn't thought of that before. We don't really have any coaches who seem like people you wouldn't want as neighbors. All seem to be pretty good people.

The neighborhood parties at the HC CSU coaches house could be epic in the off season. :thumbsup:

Rice hired a HS basketball coach who was supposed to be a defensive genius, at least at that level, and it seemed to have paid off.

Sounds familiar....

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Relax man, Fisher's only stating the obvious...both schools won a title...

Really hoping for a round 3 between the Broncos and Aztecs...although Boise State swept SDSU, a 3rd game at the MW tourney title game is going to feel like a rubber match because one school is going to go home with 2 trophies for the case and the other school just the one.

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

Boise lost to two shitty teams in conference (Fresno USU) well SDSU only lost to one shitty team (Fresno).

A tie is a tie is a tie. 

You can argue the MW should change the rules BUT under the current system they are co-champs.   

"We're sharing it with Boise, but we won the conference," Fisher said. "Boise's saying they won the conference. We won the conference and it feels great to be able to say it."

With Rocky Long and Cheat Fisher, it's apparent that SUDS will only hire coaches that are elderly and perpetually butthurt.

I do like the current MW rules. 

Yes in the case of a two way tie (ie in this case) you could easily use a tiebreaker if the teams played each other twice

BUT given the uneven schedule I prefer the current rules 

The schedule is not even

- For two MW schools you only play them once in conference. In theory that can massively increase the SOS in conference. Say SDSU only played SJSU/Nevada once well Boise only played Colorado State and Wyoming once. In that case Boise would have had a much easier conference schedule. OR if this results in the two tied teams only playing each other once then the team that had the home game gets an unfair advantage. 

Both teams are considered the champs, SDSU won and Boise St. won, both schools will hang up the banners, H2H won't matter for any of that. Not sure what Fisher said would be considered crying when he's simply stating the truth. Boise St. doesn't get a special banner indicating their H2H victories or their 1 seed.

I'm still trying to figure out how "winning the conference" is different than "being conference champion".  Maybe a few more descriptive words should be added to be accurate. 

"We won the co-conference title"

"We are co-champions of the MWC"

Sure, not as sexy sounding, but it shouldn't. Sexy is for single champions.

For the MWC Tourney winner:

"We are MWC Tourney Champions"

"We don't share this motherf-cker with nobody!!!"

Being a little more descriptive is a good thing, IMHO.

kat.jpg