Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

Why is it so Important.....

So you're saying Rice will coach here in '16? With our inept administration I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

I would bet on us not getting a single tourney win in the next two years (pretty safe), but I have a hard time betting against my own team.

Where in the Hendo are you from? If you answer correctly I might be aight with you.

That's fine, fine I'll bet they win a tourney game. BUT if they lose to a LOWER seed to a team that makes more than 12 threes, it's a PUSH. I'm not going out on some hot shooting Cinderella bullshiz.

Haha and sorry, I meant MY great city and YOUR ok suburb. The song doesn't go "Vivaaa Hendo", does it? We can still be good though.

The fact that there are any labels being thrown around here is hilarious. Rice lover here. Rice hater there.

The degree of UNLV fans on this board vary. Some but very few here still support rice as possibly being the future. Most support Rice on game days but can't hold back the anger when it comes to underachieving knowing his days should be numbered and he's not the guy for us. Then there are some who just can't care anymore. Who love the players but can't stand what Rice is doing with this program.

if you're a UNLV fan..on this board...you all want the same thing.

the disagreement is how to get what we want.

a personal attack here or there means nothing. I love the hardcoreness.

18, rebel Robert, youngrebel, evan, 4unlv rebaholic and the list of others are all different.

18 is hard core and personal but he can take it right back.

rebaholic might be the biggest moron on this board just in general IMO but I doubt he cares and he prob feels dame about me but I don't care. Bring it slut.

rebel Robert is stunborn and has a degree of retardation. That and his faux 50 something points against rancho is the funniest shit I read about on this board yet.

youngreb is a hero. Model citizen as far as rebels should be.

4unlv is rational and realistic.

Evan,shark and tk all bring a different perspective too.

nobody here is under the exact same umbrella.

just can't be soft about it and get offended. It's the internet.

nobody wins.

As for dave rice. Why does anyone question any negative opinion on him? I know it's probably tiring...until you finally see the light or the writing on the wall.

he's not gonna get it done. Tine is running out. It has run out in a lot of our minds.

when that is on your mind it puts every game under our coaching microscope. What we then see is only validating our opinions and make us even more passionate about spreading our thoughts.

don't like it? That sucks.

Dave rice has to go. Even if we win the mwct. Or an ncaa game.

next year will be same thing different roster. breakdown the roster and tell me next year won't be any different. No experience. Young. Transfers.

the revolving door I didn't want to believe 2 years ago is still in max rpm.

Edit: did this on my phone. If you don't like the spelling, grammar or other errors...well +++++ you brah.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

That's fine, fine I'll bet they win a tourney game. BUT if they lose to a LOWER seed to a team that makes more than 12 threes, it's a PUSH. I'm not going out on some hot shooting Cinderella bullshiz.

Haha and sorry, I meant MY great city and YOUR ok suburb. The song doesn't go "Vivaaa Hendo", does it? We can still be good though.

I can't bet against my own team man. That would make me root against my own team, which is against all morality. Plus I probably won't be living here in 2016 to take advantage of those Duke tickets.

You're being more careful when talking about my city homie. I'll take that as dap. Where in Vegas are you from then? Northtown? Fremont Street Estates? East side barrios? West side hood?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

youngreb is a hero. Model citizen as far as rebels should be.

BnziKosCQAANM0N.jpg

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

Just curious, who do you guys have coming back next year?  To me, that will be the biggest question.  Will next year finally be the year it is all on Rice?  They will all be his players and next year there will not be any excuses about youth I am assuming.   

G--McCaw/Poyser

G--Cook/Cornish

F--Morgan

F--Jones

C--Okonoboh

Reading Rebel fans posts, I am assuming Wood and Vaughn are gone to NBA/D-League?  That will still be a talented bunch.  I don't know if you guys will pick up anyone else recruiting wise either.  A guy like Zimm could make a huge impact.  That team had better finish well.  

C-Ben Carter, Gs Seagears, and Dantley if he returns, plus there is a good change Vaughn stays another year.  Despite others knowing as fact that Wood is gone after the season, hell, we don't even know that.  He hasn't done a lot for his draft stock in conference.  I'm not sure Zimm could keep up with the fast pace of UNLV's game :P (T.I.C.)

C-Ben Carter, Gs Seagears, and Dantley if he returns, plus there is a good change Vaughn stays another year.  Despite others knowing as fact that Wood is gone after the season, hell, we don't even know that.  He hasn't done a lot for his draft stock in conference.  I'm not sure Zimm could keep up with the fast pace of UNLV's game :P (T.I.C.)

Vaughn and Wood should return for another year - neither are close to NBA ready.

UNLV loses Kendrick & Doolin - neither will be noticed as missing 

Vaughn and Wood should return for another year - neither are close to NBA ready.

I agree that Wood isn't NBA ready, but I still think he is gone. Most mocks I've seen have him going mid- to late-first round and I think he will jump at that guaranteed contract. That is a lot of money for an 19 year old kid. Vaughn, on the other hand, I think will be back. Most mocks I've seen have him at the end of the first round or the beginning of the second round and I just don't think he will risk it. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Dantley leave either, he is just buried on the bench and I don't foresee that changing. I think next year's roster looks something like this:

PG- Seagers

SG- Vaughn

SF- Jones

PF- Carter

C- Goodluck

Bench Rotation:

McCaw

Cornish

Cook

Morgan

Bench/Red Shirt

Poyser

If we land Zimm I think that bumps Goodluck from the starting line up and Goodluck becomes the first big off the bench in front of Morgan.

Plus with that roster we would still have 2 open scholarships. I wouldn't mind seeing another big come in. Someone that is a four year player who can pick up spot minutes as a Fr./Soph. and then step into a bigger role his junior year after Ben graduates.

I can't bet against my own team man. That would make me root against my own team, which is against all morality. Plus I probably won't be living here in 2016 to take advantage of those Duke tickets.

You're being more careful when talking about my city homie. I'll take that as dap. Where in Vegas are you from then? Northtown? Fremont Street Estates? East side barrios? West side hood?

You can still root for them...a few hundy ain't nothin for a hendo G! Moving? We can bump it up too. You get me 4 tickets and I'll get you 2 and a plane ticket. I'm going to win, so don't worry too much about getting here. But my tickets cannot be behind the basket. So we'll have to take a look at the seating chart when that arena is finished.

I've been on the west side of LV all my years here. Like they say, west side is the best side.

I agree that Wood isn't NBA ready, but I still think he is gone. Most mocks I've seen have him going mid- to late-first round and I think he will jump at that guaranteed contract. That is a lot of money for an 19 year old kid. Vaughn, on the other hand, I think will be back. Most mocks I've seen have him at the end of the first round or the beginning of the second round and I just don't think he will risk it. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Dantley leave either, he is just buried on the bench and I don't foresee that changing. I think next year's roster looks something like this:

PG- Seagers

SG- Vaughn

SF- Jones

PF- Carter

C- Goodluck

Bench Rotation:

McCaw

Cornish

Cook

Morgan

Bench/Red Shirt

Poyser

If we land Zimm I think that bumps Goodluck from the starting line up and Goodluck becomes the first big off the bench in front of Morgan.

Plus with that roster we would still have 2 open scholarships. I wouldn't mind seeing another big come in. Someone that is a four year player who can pick up spot minutes as a Fr./Soph. and then step into a bigger role his junior year after Ben graduates.

I don't think that jones guy comes if Vaughn stays. I also don't think Patty Mac leaves the starting lineup. I'd bet if the Rebs finish fairly strong we get Zimmerman. Lots to be determined, but i love the potential of McCaw, Morgan and Goodluck returning at the very least, and the addition of Carter. Should Vaughn stay AND we get Zimm...watch yo asssezzz! The oven will be hot and the smell of interweb crow will be filling the MWC board.

PG- Seagers

SG- Vaughn

SF- Jones

PF- Carter

C- Goodluck

Bench Rotation:

McCaw

Cornish

Cook

Morgan

Bench/Red Shirt

Poyser

PG is Patrick's to lose.

I think whether their ready or not is irrelevant. If you're potential lottery or have a first round guarantee, you gotta go. Wood is a first rounder, so bye bye I wish him well. It's looking like Vaughn will have to finish on an incredible tear to be a sure fire first rounder. He's still super young, so I think it's most likely he stays. I hope so anyways...

I don't think that jones guy comes if Vaughn stays. I also don't think Patty Mac leaves the starting lineup. I'd bet if the Rebs finish fairly strong we get Zimmerman. Lots to be determined, but i love the potential of McCaw, Morgan and Goodluck returning at the very least, and the addition of Carter. Should Vaughn stay AND we get Zimm...watch yo asssezzz! The oven will be hot and the smell of interweb crow will be filling the MWC board.

I would hope that having Vaughn back and landing Zimm would be too much talent for even Rice to screw up, but I've been wrong about Rice before.

You can still root for them...a few hundy ain't nothin for a hendo G! Moving? We can bump it up too. You get me 4 tickets and I'll get you 2 and a plane ticket. I'm going to win, so don't worry too much about getting here. But my tickets cannot be behind the basket. So we'll have to take a look at the seating chart when that arena is finished.

I've been on the west side of LV all my years here. Like they say, west side is the best side.

Nah I'm not going to bet against my own team. And trust me I bet a lot... 

The problem is that I want what you want. I want Rice to figure it out and turn it around. And if we make the tournament I want us to win the whole thing.

I can respect a west-side thug. Word up

I would hope that having Vaughn back and landing Zimm would be too much talent for even Rice to screw up, but I've been wrong about Rice before.

Well, we had some nice momentum going here for about 15 minutes...

If I were an expert interneter, I'd post a picture of a guy doing a facepalm...

I just grow tired of the same discussion ad naseum. I guess this is an appropriate topic for Ground Hog Day.

As Best in the West said, we all have out own opinions and I won't vilify anyone for their opinion. Like Baron, if I have grown frustrated with anyone it is how they choose to state (and restate, and restate, and restate, and restate) their opinion to the point of absuridity with no true purpose since none of us here are in a decision making capacity. As if somehow stating it more will make happen what they want to happen. It's why a couple of Rebel fans ended up on my ignore list. I already know what they are posting so there is no need to read it.

As to my own thoughts, I will never give up my season tickets no matter how bad it gets. I never have, I never will. If others do that's their choice. I will still cheer for the team even though I do not believe Rice will get it figured out no matter the time we give him. That much was painfully clear to me last season. I would prefer that we let him go after this year, but if he is back, I still will go to all the games... I still will do all the chants and I will still cheer for the guys who are trying to represent our school well on a big stage. But that's my choice and as I won't vilify anyone else for their's I expect to be given the same courtesy.

Doolin's about the only kid you've got that plays team ball.

The World Needs More Cowboys!