Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

You asked for this, Mediocrity Crew!

No continuity on offense or defense. Zero motivation, discipline. Worst UNLV team in decades. 5 losses in the T&M tied for most ever. Many more to come!

Those who aren't blind knew Rice would destroy this program. Slowly send UNLV on a decline after Kruger tried so hard to climb UNLV out of obscurity.

Time to admit you were wrong. Fans like me aren't bad because I never supported UNLV under Rice. Fans are bad when they ACCEPT and welcome mediocrity that coaches like Rice bring and stand by when a coach is killing a program they love from within.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

It's time... 3 years and this team has done absolutely nothing but go backwards since that win over North Carolina. That was a program changing win and the team is probably 8th or 9th best right now in the MWC.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

It's time... 3 years and this team has done absolutely nothing but go backwards since that win over North Carolina. That was a program changing win and the team is probably 8th or 9th best right now in the MWC.

That seems a little strong.  I would still fully expect the Rebels to finish no worse than .500 in the conference.  I'm not sure that I could point out the wins on the schedule, but I think there will be at least 9 total in conference play.

Kruger's players beat UNC. That team still played Kruger's defense and 'got up' for big games to catch fire from 3pt land.

Rice has ZERO EMOTION. He cannot motivate and lead young men. He's not a leader. He's not a leader. He's not a f*cking LEADER.

I'm sick of seeing him drag down UNLV and gutless dweebs like Baron, Sharktanked, Rosegreen, etc defending him. Players would run through WALLS for Tark.

Khem Birch wouldn't run through a ribbon for Rice. No one would. He inspires NO.ONE.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Guest #1Stunner

Kruger's players beat UNC. That team still played Kruger's defense and 'got up' for big games to catch fire from 3pt land.

Rice has ZERO EMOTION. He cannot motivate and lead young men. He's not a leader. He's not a leader. He's not a f*cking LEADER.

I'm sick of seeing him drag down UNLV and gutless dweebs like Baron, Sharktanked, Rosegreen, etc defending him. Players would run through WALLS for Tark.

Khem Birch wouldn't run through a ribbon for Rice. No one would. He inspires NO.ONE.

But who would UNLV hire as a replacement?

Maybe they hire BYU's head coach to replace him, Dave Rose?

That to me is the key, teams take on the personality of their team and this team has no personality at all. I won't go as far as the name calling but the guy is clearly in over his head. He has shown that it doesn't matter how great the talent is you recruit , if you can't coach up that talent the results won't be great. I wanted to believe this guy could get it done but it's clear he can't. UNLV needs to quit wasting their time, this isn't going to get better.

All Dave Rose was ever known for was storing players at Dixie St as Tarkanian's lackey until they got their grades up to be eligible at UNLV. He belongs at BYU.

No. We need a true Rebel as the head coach of UNLV. Reggie Theus---a true disciple of Tarkanian. A personality and a leader that can inspire emotion in the hearts and minds of players and fan.

Not dead-eyed Robo-Rice.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Guest #1Stunner

All Dave Rose was ever known for was storing players at Dixie St as Tarkanian's lackey until they got their grades up to be eligible at UNLV. He belongs at BYU.

No. We need a true Rebel as the head coach of UNLV. Reggie Theus---a true disciple of Tarkanian. A personality and a leader that can inspire emotion in the hearts and minds of players and fan.

Not dead-eyed Robo-Rice.

LOL!

There are plenty of quality coaches UNLV could hire if the boosters were willing to pay up.... I doubt Wichita State could pay Gregg Marshall more than what UNLV could.

For the record Reggie Theus does not come to mind

Guest #1Stunner

There are plenty of quality coaches UNLV could hire if the boosters were willing to pay up.... I doubt Wichita State could pay Gregg Marshall more than what UNLV could.

BYU played Wichita State earlier this season.  I don't think UNLV fans would enjoy their style of play.  A very slow down, grind it team, from what I saw.  Kind of a Lon Kruger sort of philosophy.

I thought UNLV wanted running, high scoring, offense?

BYU played Wichita State earlier this season.  I don't think UNLV fans would enjoy their style of play.  A very slow down, grind it team, from what I saw.  Kind of a Lon Kruger sort of philosophy.

Agreed, plus I'm not sure that UNLV could pay more than Wichita State.  Wichita State has some boosters and they don't have to use their athletic department money to supplement football.

I want to win, I could care less about the style. My favorite coach is Tom Izzo, his teams don't exactly run up and down the floor.

Guest #1Stunner

I want to win, I could care less about the style. My favorite coach is Tom Izzo, his teams don't exactly run up and down the floor.

We've been lectured on here by numerous UNLV fans (Rebel18, RebelRobert, etc), that people in Las Vegas have short attention spans from playing slot machines, and that they need lots of running and scoring to stay interested.

That to me is the key, teams take on the personality of their team and this team has no personality at all. I won't go as far as the name calling but the guy is clearly in over his head. He has shown that it doesn't matter how great the talent is you recruit , if you can't coach up that talent the results won't be great. I wanted to believe this guy could get it done but it's clear he can't. UNLV needs to quit wasting their time, this isn't going to get better.

To me you seem like a pretty level headed UNLV fan so I can agree with your sentiment. I just think Rice should've shown more passion. I mean this is your rival. At home. That should elicit some reaction. I saw the second half and didn't see that. They did make a nice token run to make it look like it wasn't the beating it was though. So there's that moral victory. Haha