• Countdown until MWC Football Returns

3 days, 18 hours and 17 minutes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Derek Carr is going to be a father

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Apparently his wife is due any minute...  Does anyone else think the birth of his first child, on the even of fall camp, is going to have an adverse effect on his preperation for the season? 

Posted

no

3 and 1/2 weeks until our first game. That is more then enough time for Carr to refocus. 

Posted

no

3 and 1/2 weeks until our first game. That is more then enough time for Carr to refocus. 

This sounds like the logic of someone who has no idea about parenting and how to be a father.

Posted

Brother David will pay for a high-end nanny. He'll be fine...I hope.

Posted

This sounds like the logic of someone who has no idea about parenting and how to be a father.

Speaking as the father of three sons, absent some arrangement, it will be a challenge for Derek.

Posted

Apparently his wife is due any minute...  Does anyone else think the birth of his first child, on the even of fall camp, is going to have an adverse effect on his preperation for the season? 

Why would having a baby have an effect on football?  Handling sheitty diapers instead of a fooball, walking and feediing a newborn in the middle of the night, lack of sleep from the crying and squalling, thinking about baby formulas instead of playing formulas....all that will just make him sharper under center.

Posted

It will certainly be a challenge. However, the Carrs are no fools and they know this season will dictate their familys future fortunes. Im sure theyll adjust as necessary to get thru the next few months.

Posted

Most fathers have to go back to work before 3 1/2 weeks after the birth of their child. Why wouldn't Carr be able to go back to "work" during a similar time period? 

Posted

Also not saying how I would react just saying how I think HE will react.

Personally if I have a child I will take 12 weeks off (we are allowed up to 12 weeks off during a rolling 12 mth period for events such as serious sickness of a family member or birth of a child. It is paid if we have AL or SL left if we do not then it is unpaid) when he/she is born. And if I have a 2nd or 3rd child I will do the same thing. 

Posted

I think this will have some affect on his preparation/sleep/energy. But, probably not very much. I agree with the other posts, the Carr family will take care of it if it becomes an issue.

Posted

That's rough. Major life change for him right before the biggest football season of his life. Yes, it will definitely affect him to some extant.

Posted

No job no income. How he support baby?

Posted

You mean "how he support babby"

Posted

getty_rm_photo_of_baby_eating_from_spoon

Posted

How baby eat? No money.

Posted

No job no income. How he support baby?

Bro is loaded.

Posted

How baby eat? No money.

il_570xN.73165904.jpg

Posted

You mean "how he support babby"

how is babby formed?

Posted

Why would having a baby have an effect on football?  Handling sheitty diapers instead of a fooball, walking and feediing a newborn in the middle of the night, lack of sleep from the crying and squalling, thinking about baby formulas instead of playing formulas....all that will just make him sharper under center.

That's what wives are for.

In all seriousness, having your first kid tends to remind you of what you're working for, Carr will be just fine.  

Posted

Most fathers have to go back to work before 3 1/2 weeks after the birth of their child. Why wouldn't Carr be able to go back to "work" during a similar time period? 

Most fathers aren't enrolled as full time students who also work a full-time job requiring them to work overtime for extensive film study.

Posted

That's what wives are for.

In all seriousness, having your first kid tends to remind you of what you're working for, Carr will be just fine.  

You mean being a 5th year senior who's projected by some to be the first QB taken in the draft wasn't enough motivation?? :rolleyes:

Posted

I understand. Fresno qb make bad decision.

Posted

I understand. Fresno qb make bad decision.

Fresno QB didn't pull out fast enough.....

Posted

Fresno QB didn't pull out fast enough.....

...another sack?