LPH-10

Why Is Utah State So Hated On Here

The MWC conference was born of backstabbing and double-crossing. Apparently, only the initial shenanigans from which the conference was born is permitted. Everything that came after is treason.

Pretty well sums it up. With a history that includes Airport Al, Boise openly campaigning for MWC inclusion as a WAC member, The Project, Fresno and Nevada reneging on the Project and the nBE adventure...there's plenty of crap to be tossed around.

FIFY

The MWC probably ended up in better shape because of the Boise and SDSU attempted to do. No doubt if they would have been successful, the MWC would be in pretty bad shape. Of course, the same can be said for the "project" conspirators.

It's cute how the big brothers come out of the woodwork to stick up for Zoob Jr...

Utah State is hated because they have arrogant fans on par with BYU.

You guys come in acting like BYU 2.0

Respect is earned. San Hoser on the other hand is just easy to pick on :D

Good thing San Jose is now ready for the challenge once again. B)

Pick away... oops wait Fresno lost the last game Vs. SJ too.

Maybe next year :(

I've asked a lot of times on here for proof in the FOI emails about how BYU as taking folks with.

I have yet to see those.   i don't care what some guy from Hawaii put together over hearsay without any evidence of BYU leading the charge for this.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I've asked a lot of times on here for proof in the FOI emails about how BYU as taking folks with.

I have yet to see those.

Who said anything about BYU? I'm talking about USU.

Utah State is hated because they have arrogant fans on par with BYU.

You guys come in acting like BYU 2.0

Respect is earned. San Hoser on the other hand is just easy to pick on :D

Nothing like hearing about how "arrogant" you are from a FSU fan. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

To me it seems similar to the SEC last year SJSU is the A & M, has some talent new coach and just wants to get in and play.  USU is like Mizzou, talking chit and trying to make rivals with odd teams.  But I personally don't care anything about USU, but want to beat SJSU, and it's a Cal State, so we all talk chit to each other.

The MWC conference was born of backstabbing and double-crossing. Apparently, only the initial shenanigans from which the conference was born is permitted. Everything that came after is treason.

Pretty much. I would say every school except USU, SJSU, and Hawaii backstabbed someone to get here. (But there are some Belt folks pretty bitter about USU leaving after only one season too)

At this point, I think it's understood we would all backstab each other for 50 cents and a diet coke, but we are stable because no one really wants us.

What SDSU and Boise did was just as damaging to this league as what USU did.

What are you smoking?

Without what we did there would be no tv bonus money

The conference is better off now than it was

One of the Final Five..........

Pretty much. I would say every school except USU, SJSU, and Hawaii backstabbed someone to get here. (But there are some Belt folks pretty bitter about USU leaving after only one season too)

At this point, I think it's understood we would all backstab each other for 50 cents and a diet coke, but we are stable because no one really wants us.

That's kind of my main point.  the whole premise of the MWC was started from backstabbing.  Nobody really has any moral high ground with this stuff. 

What are you smoking?

Without what we did there would be no tv bonus money

The conference is better off now than it was

Without what BYU did, you'd still be roped in to the mtn.  

You only get a TV bonus because you aren't on that station with the previous deal. 

You can all send BYU a Christmas card, imo.

Everyone did what was best for them at the time.  You shouldn't villify USU for trying to stick to a previous agreement to help strengthen their conference. 

There's also nothing to support that BYU tried to bring UNLV and SDSU along to the WAC, but that didn't stop folks here from frothing at the mouth over that.

I vilify them for the craptastic comments their Prez made which made it crystal clear it was personal

choo choo state can ************

"Utah State University President Stan Albrecht gleefully wrote in an Aug. 17 e-mail that Boise State University President Bob Kustra's "world is crumbling around him and he is desperate.""

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/50175456-77/wac-byu-albrecht-benson.html.csp

Don't mess with Bob Kustra, lol.

;)

I vilify them for the craptastic comments their Prez made which made it crystal clear it was personal

choo choo state can ************

Ya, ya.  You guys are still mad at WSU for that one time they beat you like 15 years ago too.  Time for revenge, right? 

Without what BYU did, you'd still be roped in to the mtn.  

You only get a TV bonus because you aren't on that station with the previous deal. 

You can all send BYU a Christmas card, imo.

The bonus money came directly from BSU having left and not being in the tv contract.

Heck I am not the only one pointing that out

BYU can suck eggs.........................

The bonus money came directly from BSU having left and not being in the tv contract.

Heck I am not the only one pointing that out

BYU can suck eggs.........................

And if BYU stayed, you'd still have been roped in to the mtn.   

Of course you think precious Boise has their hands clean in all this and is riding in on a horse to save the day.

It's more like you made the most beneficial deal to yourself at the expense of your conference mates and will tolerate being here for the time being.

Now you are just making stuff up

I've heard this talked about on here by Boise fans.  They want a game with crappy WSU to pay them back for that one time a decade ago.   

BYU is on another level of arrogance.

Don't you have some tortillas to toss?

Meh.  I don't get where this supposed anger between Fresno and BYU comes.  It seems to continue for some reason, and it's not like we had some long ongoing history before as conference mates or after BYU left...............