Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis777

Upcoming mtn. games on Dish Network

Irregardless of the mtn. getting picked up by Dish Network, there will be a handful of mtn. broadcasts that will make it to Dish Network via Comcast Sports-West (channel 409).

Sept. 23 - Utah State at BYU

Sept. 23 - Utah at San Diego State

Oct. 7 - San Diego State at BYU

Oct. 7 - UNLV at Colorado State

Oct. 14 - New Mexico at UNLV

Oct. 21 - Air Force at San Diego State

Nov. 25 - BYU at Utah

If you get Comcast Sports-West in your region, then just tune in. However, if you're like me and live outside of that region, you can still get this channel by subscribing to the multi-region sports pack for $5.99 per month. This unlocks all of the RSNs. So far, I haven't had any games blacked out. So I was able to get ESPN+ games that were on Gameplan (like WVU-Marshall) for much less than Gameplan costs. Additionally, you get all regions of FSN and Comcast so games like the aforementioned are available.

I hope the mtn. gets a deal done soon with Dish. But, for now, this is better than nothing.

Great news! Especially for non-Utah BYU fans (3 games!).

#20 BYU 14, #3 Oklahoma 13

#18 BYU 26, #21 Utah 23

#14 BYU 44, #16 Oregon State 20

#10 BYU 82, Utah 69

#14 BYU 71, Utah 51

#16 BYU 99, Florida 92

Irregardless of the mtn. getting picked up by Dish Network, there will be a handful of mtn. broadcasts that will make it to Dish Network via Comcast Sports-West (channel 409).

Sept. 23 - Utah State at BYU

Sept. 23 - Utah at San Diego State

Oct. 7 - San Diego State at BYU

Oct. 7 - UNLV at Colorado State

Oct. 14 - New Mexico at UNLV

Oct. 21 - Air Force at San Diego State

Nov. 25 - BYU at Utah

If you get Comcast Sports-West in your region, then just tune in. However, if you're like me and live outside of that region, you can still get this channel by subscribing to the multi-region sports pack for $5.99 per month. This unlocks all of the RSNs. So far, I haven't had any games blacked out. So I was able to get ESPN+ games that were on Gameplan (like WVU-Marshall) for much less than Gameplan costs. Additionally, you get all regions of FSN and Comcast so games like the aforementioned are available.

I hope the mtn. gets a deal done soon with Dish. But, for now, this is better than nothing.

I would think that would also mean 656 on Direct TV to then.

;)

I would think that would also mean 656 on Direct TV to then.

;)

#######################

Well Elder, as of this afternoon no Dish or DTV, lots of very, very mad

Broncos in South Idaho. It is the main topic when you listen to radio or

in the sportsbars. Sure hope it gets done by Sat. but Im sure not holding

my breath.

Craig couldn't be elected dog catcher around here.

#######################

Well Elder, as  of this afternoon no Dish or DTV, lots of very, very mad

Broncos in South Idaho.  It is the main topic when you listen to radio or

in the sportsbars.  Sure hope it gets done by Sat. but Im sure not holding

my breath.

Craig couldn't be elected dog catcher around here.

The sports columnist for the Idaho Statesman had this article. If this situation doesn't change, your ooc schedule is going to suffer greatly.

Saturday's BSU game not likely to be on TV locally

KTVB made 3 offers to carry game here, but was turned down all 3 times

Brian Murphy

IDAHO STATESMAN

The Idaho Statesman | Edition Date: 09-12-2006

Email This ArticlePrinter Friendly Page

Boise State fans wanting to watch the Broncos play football at Wyoming on Saturday better have tickets to the game.

As of Monday night, the 1:30 p.m. game from Laramie was not going to be available in the Boise market or nearly anywhere in Idaho.

The mtn., a new television network created by the Mountain West Conference, is airing the game but does not have distribution deals with local cable providers such as CableOne or the area's two major satellite companies, Dish Network and DirecTV.

The game is not available on CSTV, which is carried on satellite in the area.

KTVB has made three offers to the mtn. to carry the game locally, but has been rebuffed each time, KTVB general manager Doug Armstrong said.

The station offered to air the mtn.'s broadcast unedited with its commercials.

"We made three offers and got three firm nos. I think the fourth one would probably be the same answer,'' Armstrong said.

The game is available in several eastern Idaho cities, including Lava Hot Springs, Soda Springs and Paris through the Independent Cable Systems of Idaho.

Distribution has been a problem for the mtn., which is co-owned by Comcast and CSTV. The network, which launched Sept. 1, is not widely available in three of the Mountain West Conference's biggest media markets

The sports columnist for the Idaho Statesman had this article. If this situation doesn't change, your ooc schedule is going to suffer greatly.

Good, maybe we can start scheduling like the Big East OOC then and pad our beauty pageant records with horrible wins over horrible D1AA and D2 schools with a mediocre to abysmal D1A program thrown in here and there.

;)

v0icAvfW.jpg

Well Elder, as of this afternoon no Dish or DTV, lots of very, very mad Broncos in South Idaho. It is the main topic when you listen to radio or in the sportsbars. Sure hope it gets done by Sat. but Im sure not holding my breath.

The Boise State fanbase's reaction has been amazing! UNLV and SDSU fans don't care about an entire season, while BSU fans are FREAKING over two games (only one really). If you were in our conference, something would have had to been done long before now to appease you. That's great to know.

As far as a deal being done by this Saturday... no. I doubt it. BYU @Boston College is on ESPN2. Utah @Utah State is being shown on free local tv (KJZZ) in the state of Utah. Our fanbases will forget how mad they are for 2 weeks, until the next set of "mtn." broadcasts.

Look for deals to get done a day or two before then. Just IMO. Maybe never the way things are going.

#20 BYU 14, #3 Oklahoma 13

#18 BYU 26, #21 Utah 23

#14 BYU 44, #16 Oregon State 20

#10 BYU 82, Utah 69

#14 BYU 71, Utah 51

#16 BYU 99, Florida 92