Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rofl_copter_dos

MWC football recruiting 2014

You all were kicking out asses in recruiting from '01 to '06.  Didn't mean ++++. 

Recruiting is a blast to follow.  But we've gotten worse for 3 seasons now on 3 stars+ recruits when we did better with unranked and 2 star recruits.  

It really doesn't. For example, a lot of the Utah kids we get don't get much exposure from recruiting services (or at least in the past, not compared to CA, TX, FL, etc). We've also had some studs who were 2 stars or less, unrecruited, etc.

Scouting ranks and services are fun to follow and look at, but don't mean much outside the top 100 or so guys (even then some of those don't pan out). And no one here is consistently landing multiple top 100 guys...

1170800_10200498052574398_877465568_n.jp

Boise's new staff trying to poach Donavin Buck. For shame! Lol

Don't be silly.  Until February 5, its open season.  We are simply trying to help Buck from making a mistake.

bosalectaisright.thumb.png.d417647bfb450

Don't be silly. Until February 5, its open season. We are simply trying to help Buck from making a mistake.

A mistake going to a team that can't beat the team he's already committed to? M'kay...

Awesome then, gonna be an all MWC type player in a couple years.

In answer to your question...

User Actions
 Following
QRmxnEzz_normal.jpegMichael Lazarus@_9CANTBESTOPED

Schools still tryna make a push for the kid... But I think I'll stay w/ my dogs

LOL.. Boise can normally take what it wants from MWC schools. It's about the brand name.

Poaching from Daddy is frowned upon tho

Right? Where's all of the righteous indignation now?

Gone faster than bluetools at an Obama convention.

lol, and Boise fans got all hot and bothered when Pete was poaching from them.

Right? Where's all of the righteous indignation now?

Coach Pete was our daddy and his poaching from us was a kick in the nuts. But offering to players who have committed to other schools is not a big deal.

You know, like when San Diego went after and convinced Boise State commit Hawkins Mann to become a surfer instead of a skier back in October? No righteous indignation on our part back then like you guys are showing now.

Just saying.

"A donkey always says thank you with a kick." --– Kenyan Proverb

Coach Pete was our hero and his poaching from us was a kick in the nuts. But offering to player who have committed to other schools is not a big deal.

You know, like when San Diego went after and convinced Boise commit Hawkins Mann to become a surfer instead of a skier back in October?

Just saying.

Correction: Despite the hype fromScout, CBS, et. al., - commits come to life starting February 5, 2014 for high school adolescents.  Today the correct descriptor is prospect.  Candidate works too.

Armed with this knowledge perhaps many of you can relax and take a breath now?

bosalectaisright.thumb.png.d417647bfb450

Correction: Despite the hype fromScout, CBS, et. al., - commits come to life starting February 5, 2014 for high school adolescents.  Today the correct descriptor is prospect.  Candidate works too.

Armed with this knowledge perhaps many of you can relax and take a breath now?

My sheits all good so don't need anyone to tell me to relax my man. Just pointing out that recruits are still open season and it only depends on who and under what circumstances that the offers are objectionalble.

Coach Pete poaching is one thing, but SDSU offering a BSU commit or vice versa, while borderline ethical, is not always considered poaching or cause for indignation.

"A donkey always says thank you with a kick." --– Kenyan Proverb