Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrueLobo

Way to go Yootep!

Yes. Will we see you back after UTEP looses to NM?

Lots of spanish spelling and pronounciation was changed in the 1800s, like the "f" sound and letter being replaced by the "h" and nonexistant sound in many cases. However, I didn't see in any of your sources info about the x being used instead of the j.

Its argentine, and argentine history classes mainly dealt with... surprise! south america.

DUDE!! Give it up. Who cares if you went to Argentina for high school. I am as white as they come, but my step dad is a TexMex born and raised in San Antonio. His family has lived in Tejas before it was even known by that name.

Just admit charging in like a bull in a china shop. Say excuse me turn around and walk out so the proprietor can clean up the mess. The longer you attempt to defend this argument the more the glass shards are going to chafe and your ego is going to get extremely bloodied.

BTW it is pronounced Smuhr-goe-es-board not Schmore-gis-board just in case you are wondering.

And Missouri sucks big time....they're predicted to finish last in the Big XII North....

You're making things up again. Actually Missouri is picked to do pretty well in the Big 12 North by many people. In fact they had a #29 ranking preseason.

29. Missouri

Long on potential and short on performance, Missouri has to prove that it's ready to come through and be worth the hype from the now skeptical college football world. Everyone will jump off last year's preseason bandwagon and hop on Iowa State and Nebraska in the North, but that might be a mistake. This is the best team in the Division. Now it has to play like it.

Relative strength: Quarterback Relative Weakness: Offensive line

Star of the team: QB Brad Smith, Sr. Key game: October 1st vs. Texas

Picked 1st in this poll - http://www.sportznutz.com/ncaa/teams/big12/index.htm

Picked 3rd in this poll - http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/analysis_bigtwelve.html

Picked 4th Media Poll - http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-footbl.../071805aaa.html

Instead of making things up, have some sense and speak with facts.

Again, New Mexico beat Missouri by 10, and UTEP proved themselves to be no Missiouri in a sloppy overtime win over HOUSTON!  The Lobos will win this one by 3+ touchdowns, easy.  I'm more worried about CSU-Nevada and UNLV-Utah State, though we should be favored to win those two.  The MWC has bigger things on their mind that weekend anyways, as Wyoming faces Mississippi.  Prepare to chalk another BCS win to the Mountain West!  Oh yeah, and a win over UTEP.  :lol: 

What I would like to know is when UTEP beats the low-blows next week will the MDC fans go on a suicide watch? I hope not, because we need inbreds like eldermars to laugh at. :lol:

You're making things up again.  Actually Missouri is picked to do pretty well in the Big 12 North by many people.  In fact they had a #29 ranking preseason.

29. Missouri

Long on potential and short on performance, Missouri has to prove that it's ready to come through and be worth the hype from the now skeptical college football world. Everyone will jump off last year's preseason bandwagon and hop on Iowa State and Nebraska in the North, but that might be a mistake. This is the best team in the Division. Now it has to play like it.

Relative strength: Quarterback    Relative Weakness: Offensive line

Star of the team: QB Brad Smith, Sr.    Key game: October 1st vs. Texas

Picked 1st in this poll - http://www.sportznutz.com/ncaa/teams/big12/index.htm

Picked 3rd in this poll - http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/analysis_bigtwelve.html

Picked 4th Media Poll - http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-footbl.../071805aaa.html

Instead of making things up, have some sense and speak with facts.

SCOUTING UTEP: The Lobos and Miners (2-0) both enter Saturday's game undefeated for the first time since 1957.

UTEP is coming off a 44-41 double-overtime win over Conference USA foe Houston at the Sun Bowl on Friday night.

Quarterback Jordan Palmer, brother of Cincinnati Bengals QB and former Heisman Trophy winner Carson Palmer, threw for 379 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions against the Cougars.

Tailback Tyler Ebell, who played for UCLA when the Lobos faced the Bruins in the 2002 Las Vegas Bowl, rushed for 160 yards and one TD on 24 carries. He also had 60 yards receiving.

Wideout Johnny Lee Higgins led the Miners with six receptions for 156 yards and three scores.

"Skill-wise, they are (like Missouri)," Long said. "The running backs are better. The quarterback's not quite the runner Brad Smith is, but he might be a little bit better passer. They probably have more speed at receiver than Missouri did."

I just love the guys from North Juarez smack talking other cities.

If I had a house in North Juarez and a house in hell, I would rent the house in North Juarez and live in Hell!

The secert is having eight great players and four others who will cheer like crazy.

Jerry Tarkanian

Definitely a major difference between the Utah/TCU and UpeT/Houston game.

The MWC game seemed to have more overall team spead by both teams, more physical too. Lots of parity between them considering Utah is picked 1st and TCU is 5th/6th?

The CUSA game, very high school like with a bunch of penalties and turnovers, smallish players with no standout spead!! Very ugly game!!!

Another quote from a new mejico fan:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't guarantee I won't get lit and out of hand Saturday night, and I apologize in advance to any offensive comments I make during the game. Anyway, good luck on Saturday, you will be the best team we play all year.

GO LOBOS!

This post was edited on 9/18 4:05 PM by NMT01

SCOUTING UTEP: The Lobos and Miners (2-0) both enter Saturday's game undefeated for the first time since 1957.

UTEP is coming off a 44-41 double-overtime win over Conference USA foe Houston at the Sun Bowl on Friday night.

Quarterback Jordan Palmer, brother of Cincinnati Bengals QB and former Heisman Trophy winner Carson Palmer, threw for 379 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions against the Cougars.

Tailback Tyler Ebell, who played for UCLA when the Lobos faced the Bruins in the 2002 Las Vegas Bowl, rushed for 160 yards and one TD on 24 carries. He also had 60 yards receiving.

Wideout Johnny Lee Higgins led the Miners with six receptions for 156 yards and three scores.

"Skill-wise, they are (like Missouri)," Long said. "The running backs are better. The quarterback's not quite the runner Brad Smith is, but he might be a little bit better passer. They probably have more speed at receiver than Missouri did."

Hehe, trust me your O line isn't close to what EBell had at UCLA, or overall talent in general. As for Long's quotes, he makes every team sound like USC before they play them. Brad Smith is head and shoulders better then Palmer, and Higgins was ok, but we see receivers like him in almost every MWC team we play no big deal.

IMO Missouri is better then UTEP in overall talent and speed. UNM is just a better team, in order for UTEP to win this game they'll have to force some TO's.

If I had a house in North Juarez and a house in hell, I would rent the house in North Juarez and live in Hell!

This smack is coming from a person who just lost to Nevada??? I sure am glad the Pack beat you guys, but just like Rebel fans in general you continue to talk smack about a game your lousy team is not even involved in!!

Coming from a guy who lives in Whore City usa. Oh yeah, Las Vegas trailer trash capital of the usa. What are you guys? top 5 murder capital in the usa? 2nd among teen suicide? Hell if I lived in a hell hole like las vegas I would kill myself!!! :lol:

My god every Cops episode is filmed in las vegas, I wonder why? Now compare all of that prostitution, gambling and trailers to the following comments from ousiders visiting El Paso for the Houston game:

From www.coogfans.com:

TheSenator

(9/18/05 7:03:28 pm)

Reply The City of El Paso ...

------

... is a nice city. It is clean and the people very nice and friendly. They support their home team. The El Paso Times had front page stories (both News and Sports) on the game on Friday and Saturday, with full blown pictures and special features.

To be honest, I am very jealous, and thought "God, how great would it be if we had a local Houston paper that gave us such coverage". What a dream!

Anyway, I am very pleased that UTEP is in CUSA. A great addition of some very fine people.

EatEmUp

(9/18/05 4:09:15 pm)

Reply Random thoughts from El Paso

------

While still trying to recover from the trip to El Paso, I have a few thoughts, some prompted from the trip and the game itself, others prompted by some other posts on this board.

First - what a fantastic game! Man, if you didn't get excited during that game, then just give it up and find another interest. Yes, I know, we made some mistakes; so did UTEP. And, furthermore, you will seldom, if ever, see a flawless game.

UTEP is a fantastic addition to Conference USA! They have a beautiful stadium, enthusiastic and very hospitable fans; hell, they even get proper home-town coverage by the local press! And they are fantastically efficient in the way they handle the parking situation - there is no parking really close to the stadium (well, as far as I know; I only saw the situation on one side of the stadium). But, remote parking lots are plentiful; and they run shuttle buses to the stadium about every 5 or 10 minutes. Furthermore, no crowding is allowed on the buses; every bus was attended by a policeman to ensure order.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CoogLoyal

Just got back and wow

------

Let me begin by thanking all of the ccog fdans that went to El Paso, because now you see what our goal should be. That was one of the best football environments I have ever been in. I do not want to hear that they went to a bowl game so everything is now great. Price went in and turned a piece of coal into a diamond. We are so close to doing the same. Great job to the coog players I was proud and heard alot of good things about our team from the oposition. The student population was overwhelming and large. I heard a couple of people say that UH was the most athletic team they have ever seen, and they thought the CUSA was on the way up. Coogs pull together and bring as many people as possible to the game Sat. We need to be there when these boys win, Fri made them stronger and they will roll on Sat. El Paso is great we should all go to ElPaso in 2 years.

NWCoog

Re: Just got back and wow

------

Good post! I'll be back in El Paso in two years and I'll be there Saturday cheering for the Coogs!! Mike Price could run for mayor in El Paso and win by a landslide, that's how much the folks in El Paso love him.

ps: By the way TrailerTide, is Nevada still driving?LOL!!!!!!!!!

Hehe, trust me your O line isn't close to what EBell had at UCLA, or overall talent in general.  As for Long's quotes, he makes every team sound like USC before they play them.  Brad Smith is head and shoulders better then Palmer, and Higgins was ok, but we see receivers like him in almost every MWC team we play no big deal.

IMO Missouri is better then UTEP in overall talent and speed.  UNM is just a better team, in order for UTEP to win this game they'll have to force some TO's.

OK then, what about the following from a lobo fan:

I can't guarantee I won't get lit and out of hand Saturday night, and I apologize in advance to any offensive comments I make during the game. Anyway, good luck on Saturday, you will be the best team we play all year.

GO LOBOS!

OK then, what about the following from a lobo fan:

GO LOBOS!

Who cares. You have a guy apologizing for flaming your board because he was drunk a few days before.

I let you in on a little secret. You will know you are a big time program, when you can recruit your ideal coach, and not have to take someone else's leftovers. You can have Mike Price, he was struggling with a sorry Houston team while we were pounding Spurrier's butt. You wan't to talk about high school stadiums, try being able to sell out your 85,000 seat stadium and then raising money to add another 10,000 seats just because you can sell em. Now who has a high school stadium, boy!

The secert is having eight great players and four others who will cheer like crazy.

Jerry Tarkanian

Okay, there has been a lot of trash talking and comparisons about the size of the lines at UNM, UTEP, Houston, and Missouri and I have yet to see any facts so here you all go. These are the average weights of the starters for each team according to each team

I let you in on a little secret.  You will know you are a big time program, when you can recruit your ideal coach, and not have to take someone else's leftovers.  You can have Mike Price, he was struggling with a sorry Houston team while we were pounding Spurrier's butt.  You wan't to talk about high school stadiums, try being able to sell out your 85,000 seat stadium and then raising money to add another 10,000 seats just because you can sell em.  Now who has a high school stadium, boy!

What the hell are you talking about? Oh by the way did I mention Nevada 22 nevada at las vegas 14. :lol:

Way wrong little bronco by the way little boise is 0-2 after getting embarrased on national tv by Georgia 48-13, and the score was not even that close. First of all the miners offensive line averages 300 lbs not 286 little bronco. Check it:

LT-J HOUSE 6-4 300

LG-J GARCIA 6-2 320

C--R FELIX 6-3 275

RG-J RILEY 6-2 300

RT-L ESPINOZA 6 4 305

That's 4 out of five linemen over 300 lbs. As far as the miners starting Dline weighing a mere 250 lbs, well you must have confused it with the low-blows or boise's. The following is UTEP's starting front four:

DE-A OBEMESE 6-3 245

DT-Z WEST 6-4 295

DT-C MINEO 6-2 285

DE-J WARD 6-4 245

That's an average size for utep's dline of 268 lbs, now compare that to the diminutive low-blow's front 3 of 256 lbs. Why do you have resort to lying and made up facts to make your point. Really, really sad.